In-depth Forbidden City tour with Royal Icehouse Dining Experience
The Forbidden City is listed as the number one must-sees in the city of Beijing, which served as the residence of Chinese Ming and Qing emperors for almost 500 years. Go beyond the typical attractions within the City on this comprehensive 6-hour guided tour, which includes access to the Clock Room,Treasure House, living and working places of emperors. Lunch will served in the former Icehouse inside Forbidden City.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport in a comfort vehicle
- Lunch with soft drinks/beer
- A snuff bottle with your name painted inside
- Skip-the-line ticket
- Mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (Optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Meet your guide at 8:30 a.m. and start the tour from the East Gate of the Forbidden City. You will first walk along the beautiful moat, and then get inside the Forbidden City through the South Gate.
Main attractions as below:
• City Wall and East Gate: Walk on the newly opened city wall to overlook the amazing Forbidden City; access to the East Gate to see the exhibition of the building materials of the Forbidden City.
• Wenhua Hall and Wenyuan Pavilion: Former residence of the crown prince and now the porcelain exhibition room; one of the two buildings in the Forbidden City with black roof, dedicated to storing imperial books.
• Three main halls in the outer court: Used by the emperor to work or celebrate important occasions, to treat high ranking officials, or to meet close officials before going to work.
• Ningshou Palace Complex: First built as the living quarter for the abdicated Emperor Qianlong and later taken by Empress Dowager Cixi as a private residence. It is the largest palace complex inside the Forbidden City with a beautiful Nine Dragon Screen, a small but exquisite garden, the largest theatre, as well as some other buildings which are used for exhibiting treasures now.
• Three main halls in the inner palace: They were the living quarters of the Emperor and Empress, as well as for the emperor to handle daily state affairs.
• Cining Palace Complex: It's the residential area of the Empress Dowager and imperial concubines with a beautiful garden. You will access some newly opened houses to see the living and sitting rooms which are opened to tourists for the first time.
During this tour, you will have a very unique lunch experience at one of the Ice Houses of the Emperor. It used to be the Ice storage warehouse of the royal family.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guide will meet you in your Beijing hotel lobby
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In order to get your Skip The Line Forbidden City entrance ticket, please provide each traveler’s name and passport number upon booking
- This tour involves quite some walking, please wear comfortable shoes
- Wheelchair and porter service is available to purchase at the entrance
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.