In the fellowship of goats
This will be an experience that you will not find anywhere else in Iceland. The goats that you will be leading around and will be leading you around are the rare and unique breed of goats that the Vikings brought with them to Iceland over 1000 years ago. Only around 1000 animals of this breed exist today. The goat bucks you will be meeting are five and they all bear names of the dwarfs from the story of the Hobbit (Gandalf, Fili, Kili, Ori and Nori). The experience is about spending time with these lovely animals as well as the walk. The goat bucks are funny and like to be in the company of people and where there is something interesting going on. Gandalf and his gang will make your visit more than a walk in nature, cause it is always refreshing and exciting to go on an adventure with those hobbit goats. We are sure you will enjoy the experience.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- We will be spending almost all of our time outside (RAIN or SHINE) so appropriate seasonal attire and good shoes are needed. Waterproof boots are a must if it is wet/rainy.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Borgarnes, Borgarnes, Borgarbyggd, West Region
You will be taken for a guided walk with our goat bucks through the beautiful surroundings of the farm. It will be funny, refreshing and relaxing all at the same time.
Each trek lasts between 1- 1,5 hour from the beginning of the visit till it is finished. We will have a talk about how to be around goats and their different characters. Once we are all ready to go, you will be given a goat buck to lead and our walk around the field starts. Since there are only five goat bucks and visitors may me more, we will take turns in leading them. Goats take to trekking quite easily. They will walk with you, around you and among you. The experience is about spending time with these lovely animals as well as a walk. The walk itself is at a leisurely pace, there is no solid concrete path and it involves a bit of hill and slope walking. Please note that high heels and flip flops are not encouraged.
We will be spending almost all of our time outside so appropriate seasonal attire are needed.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Iceland
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.