In The Footsteps Of The Medici Family Private Walking Tour
This tour will focus on the amazing history of their rise to power and the palazzo intrigues, and will let you know more about their private life by visiting the hidden gems of their main Palace, Palazzo Pitti, and the gorgeous Boboli Gardens. Palazzo Pitti, which has also been the residence of the King of Italy for a brief period in the late 18th century, houses important collections of paintings and sculpture, porcelains and a costumes, besides providing a magnificently decorated historical setting which extends to the Boboli Gardens, one of the earliest Italian gardens famous also for its fountains and grottoes. This green heart of Florence can be considered an open air museum, rich in history and art, stories, secret corners and fascinating routes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens Entrance Tickets
- Blue Badge Certified Tour Guide
- Meet and Greet your Guide at your hotel/accommodation
- Hotel pick up and drop off from centrally located hotels (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Pitti
- Entry/Admission - Giardino di Boboli
What's excluded :
- Food And Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palazzo Pitti, Piazza Dei Pitti 1, 50125, Florence Italy
Pitti Palace is located on the South side of Florence close to the Ponte Vecchio. The building was erected mid 1500's during the Renaissance age and has been in many hands since the Medici Family lost power of Italy. A notable name that took control of the Palace was Napoleon, who used it as a power base during the 18th century. When Italy finally united as the county we know today, Palazzo Pitti was used as the main Royal Palace, so you can imagine how much history and historic movements are within these walls, not just the artwork and masterpieces that are on display within its impressive 32,000 square metres of galleries.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Giardino di Boboli, Piazza Dei Pitti 1, 50125, Florence Italy
Established by the Medici family in Florence, right behind the court at Pitti Palace, the layout of the gardens created the Italian garden style that would become a model for many European courts. The green area is indeed a real outdoor museum, dotted by ancient and Renaissance statues, grottos and large fountains.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Pitti Palace, Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Meet Your Private Guide at the lobby of your hotel/ accommodation
Return Detail :The Boboli Gardens, Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.