Inca Trail: El Cajas National Park
Hiking in El Cajas National Park is a unique activity, ideal for nature lovers and people who take pictures. This national park is one of the best sites in southern Ecuador for bird watching, and environmental interpretation.
El Cajas National Park, has 8 hiking trails, on this tour we will make the two best routes that will take us through two of the most interesting ecosystems of the national park, such as the Pajonal moorland and the Andean High Forest.
We will visit the lagoons: Burrines - Mamamag - Llaviuco
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Camping equipment
- Lunch - box lunchs
What's excluded :
- Services not included in the program
- Does NOT include freight service: horses
In this two-day hiking experience in El Cajas National Park, our visitors will enjoy the best landscapes that the Andean moorlands offer us, here we will interpret the native flora and fauna of the moorland and the high Andean forest. This tour is ideal for nature photography as we will visit one of the most important lake systems in Ecuador. The planned route consists of the union of two routes: Route # 6 Burines & Route # 7 Camino del Inka; Our camp is carried out in an archeological site known as: Mamamag Ruins.
The route has a distance of approximately 15 km
First day: We pick up our visitors at 08:00 am at your hotel, and we go to check the entrance to the Cajas National Park in Toreadora, we enlist our equipment and go to the starting point of the trail at an approximate height 3890 masl and we have 5 hours of walking to the camping site in Mamamag
Second day: After raising our camp we have a 6-hour tour, from the moor, to the Llaviuco Sector located at 3170 masl.
We provide: tents, insulating sleepings and food
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
In places outside the historic center of the city we can pick up people with a margin of 10 minutes before or after the scheduled time
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.