Inca Trail to Huchuycosco
Getting to Huchuycosco is only possible walking. Our hiking route is the most short and moderate, with a smooth way up and meeting the amazing Inca Trail that take Us to Huchuycosco. Fantastic views of the Sacred Valley. Gourmet and healthy boxlunch and snack.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Archaeological site ticket
What's excluded :
Amazing route that start in the mountains of Cuzco towards the archaeological site of Huchuycosco and finishes in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will ride towards the community of Q´enko, were we start our hike. We will ascend 1.5 km until we reach the pass and get amazing views of the cordillera Vilcanota and the Sacred Valley. The trail will then take us along creeks and agricultural terraces, facing the Vilcanota river and the Urubamba mountain range until we arrive to Pukamarca, were we will meet the Inca Trail hidden by a narrow and biodiverse gully, with water channels, ancient stairs and bridges, as well as other arqueological remains in between a breathtaking nature. We will arrive to Huchuycosco, an strategic military and religious site in the heights of the Sacred Valley. History tells that this was the refugee of the Inca Viracocha, defeated by the Chancas, who invade the city of Cusco, until his son Pachacutec beat them and recover Cusco for the Incas, After visiting the citadel and enjoy the views and landscape, we will descend to Lamay village to finish our trip and return to our hotel or our next destination. Gourmet and nutritive box-lunch on route.
Departure Point :CU-597/Mainique 131, Lamay 08116, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.