Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in 4 days
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu passes through several types of Andean environments including cloud forest and alpine tundra. Settlements, tunnels and many Inca ruins are located along the trail before ending the terminus at the Sun Gate on Machu Picchu Mountain.
per adult from
1 to 4 days
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Spanish/English Professional tour guide
- Touristic Bus from your hotel in Cusco to Km. 82
- Porters to take the camping equipment (no personal luggage)
- Cooker and assistance
- Dinning Tent, Kitchen Tents, tables and camp stool
- All the feeding in the route (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea time and snacks)
- Doubles tents, comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks. Our tents are 3-seasson
- Therma rest
- Accommodation for our guides, cook and porters
- First-aid kit
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Sleeping bags
- Tips for the tour guide and carriers
- Porters to take personal luggage per all the trekking USD 80 per 7 Kg.
- The breakfast on the first day and the meals in Aguas Calientes
- Day 1: Cusco – Ayapata
5.00 a.m. Our private transportation will pick you up from your hotel. We drive to Chilca – Km. 82 (the starting point of the Inca Trail) in the Sacred Valley. In the middle of the way we will meet with our porters and cooker. We begin our hike until Ayapata where is our first encamp. In the way we will visit the impressive Inca city of Llactapata (2650 m. / 8,692 ft.).
Total distance: 14 km
Estimated walking time: 7 hours
Campsite altitude: 3,300 m (9,840 ft)
Day 2: Ayapata -
After the breakfast we begin the most difficult part of the trek, which consists of an abrupt and steep ascent to Abra Warmihuañusca (Dead Woman´s Pass – 4200 m. / 13,776 ft.), the most highest pass. Then we will pass the second pass Abra Runkurakay and the archaeological complex (3800 m. / 13,022 ft.). After we descend to Sayacmarca (3624 m. / 11,887 ft.). We will encamp in Chaquicocha.
Total distance: 16 km
Estimated walking time: 8 hours
Campsite altitude: 3,500 m (11,480 ft)
After breakfast we will walk to our third pass Abra Phuyupatamarca (3700 m. / 12,136 ft.). We continue our trek down the long descending stone steps that lead us to Wiñaywayna (2650 m. / 8,692 ft.), an impressive Inca complex made up of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious sector and an urban sector, close to which our camp is located.
Total distance: 9 km
Estimated walking time: 6 hours
Campsite altitude: 2,650 m (8,692 ft)
Day 4: Wiñaywayna - Machu Picchu (B)Very early we get up to Inti Punku or The Sun Gate to Machu Picchu. We then descend to the control point where we register ourselves and leave our backpacks. We immediately begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel for 2.5 horus and after you will then have free time to ascend to Huayna Picchu Mountain (+USD 70 per person) or got to the fabulous Inca Bridge.
Total distance: 6 km
Estimated walking time: 2 hours
Machu Picchu altitude: 2,400 m (7,872 ft)
5.50 p.m. You have to stay at Aguas Calientes Train Station
6.20 p.m. – 8.05 p.m. Train Expedition Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
8.15 p.m. – 10.00 p.m. Transfer from Ollantaytambo’s train station to Regocijo’s Main Square (1 block from the main square)
Departure Point :Your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Porters to carry personal gear up to a maximum of 7 kg. per person (including mattress and sleeping bag) = USD 80
- Student with ISIC card have - USD 30 of discount
- If you want to sleep along in the tent you have to add + USD 25 per person
- If you want to rent sleeping bags -10°C = USD 25 per all the trekking
- If you want to rent a pair of pool = USD 15 per all the trekking
- If you want upgrade to Vistadome train + USD 40 per person
- If you want go up to Huayna Picchu Mountain after the tour guide in Machu Picchu on 4th day you have to add + USD 70 per person
- Buffet Lunch at Sanctuary Lodge Hotel in Machu PIcchu + USD 40 per person
- Buffet Lunch at Inkaterra Hotel in Aguas Calientes + USD 25 per person
- If you want to add one night in Aguas Calientes, ask the price.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.