Indian Canyons Walking Tour by Jeep from Palm Springs
Explore the lush palm oases of the Indian Canyons on this morning or afternoon 3-hour eco-tour from Palm Springs. Learn about the rich history and culture of the Cahuilla Indians as you ride a jeep their ancestral homelands with your knowledgeable guide. Take an easy 1-mile guided walk up Andreas Canyon for captivating views and see a stunning palm oasis from the rim of Palm Canyon.
This small-group open-air outdoor adventure is limited to seven people per Jeep for a more relaxed, intimate experience.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Naturalist guided Jeep tour
- Granola Snack
- Bottled water
- Admission Fees
- Entry/Admission - Indian Canyons
What's excluded :
- Food and drink (unless otherwise specified)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Indian Canyons, 38500 S Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, Greater Palm Springs, CA 92264-9332
Climb aboard a Big Red Jeeps for a visit to the ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, where stunning rock formations and the contrasting greens of magnificent fan palms and more than 150 species of plants beckon travelers to these lush palm oases.
On your adventure, a professional guide will educate and entertain you with stories about the history, culture, lifestyle, and legends of the Cahuilla people. Enjoy a guided 1-mile hike on a tranquil trail along the banks of Andreas Creek as your guide describes the ceremonies and legends of the Cahuilla people and explains how they used the desert’s plants for survival. Then view one of the largest natural palm oases in North America from the rim of Palm Canyon and enjoy a short walk to a hidden water cave where the water flows most of the year.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :100 S Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary hotel pickup is offered from the cities of Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, Thousand Palms, and Bermuda Dunes. Pickup from La Quinta or Indio is $50/Jeep additional or guests can meet at our main pickup location in downtown Palm Springs. For pickup from these cities, please contact us after booking.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 guests per booking is required
- Closed-toe shoes, a hat and sunscreen are strongly advised
- As desert temperatures may vary, dressing in layers would be advised
- Please call the reservation's desk a day or two before your tour to confirm your pickup time and location. Failure to call, however, will NOT result in cancellation of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guests must be able to walk at least a mile over sometimes uneven terrain.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.