Ingapirca Ruins Day-Tour from Cuenca with Small Group
Ingapirca is the major Inca-Cañari archaeological site in Ecuador. Explore the ruins, including the only elliptical temple of the sun made of perfectly carved stones, terraces, patios, etc. On Sundays, we include a visit to the Indigenous Cañar Market.
• Visit the largest archaeological Inca site in Ecuador and the only elliptical temple of the Inca empire
• Enjoy the beauty of the Ecuadorian Andes while you drive through the fertile ranchland of the countryside.
• Visit the Cañar Market and immerse yourself in the traditions of the local indigenous tribes (Sundays)
• See how the famous Panama Hats are woven
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Licensed tour guide/driver
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel or Airbnb pickup and drop-off
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Santuario de la Virgen del Rocio
What's excluded :
- Ingapirca entrance fee $2 each
- Entry/Admission - Ingapirca Archaeological Complex
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santuario de la Virgen del Rocio, Avenida Daniel Munoz, Canar 030350 Ecuador
We start our tour by visiting Rocio Virgin Church in Biblian. This church has a very distinctive gothic architectural style, dating back to the late 19th century. Next, we will visit an indigenous family where we’ll observe the weaving of Panama hats. This is one of the most authentic crafts of Southern Ecuador and has a prominent role in the economy of the area. We continue our tour with a ride through the enchanting highlands, enjoying the beautiful views along the way.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ingapirca Archaeological Complex, Ingapirca Ecuador
Ingapirca is located approximately 60 miles northeast of Cuenca at an elevation of 10,500 feet above sea level.
Upon arrival at Ingapirca, one of the most important Inca structures is waiting for us – an elliptical platform known as the “Sun’s Temple”. Afterward, we will explore the courtyards, terraces, and various other ruins. In order to get a closer look at the local atmosphere, we will take a short hike to observe the Inca’s Face, a large stone outcropping.
Lunch in a local restaurant and return to Cuenca.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.