Inis Mór (Aran Islands) Day Trip: Return Ferry from Rossaveel, Galway
Inis Mór (Inishmore), the largest of the Aran Islands, is filled with traditional Irish culture and offers breath-taking scenery, ecclesiastical ruins and prehistoric stone forts such as the world renowned, Dún Aonghasa. Hop on a mini-bus tour or pony and trap and explore the island with a local guide. Bike hire is also available on the island, along with pubs, restaurants and shops selling traditional Irish crafts, including the Aran Sweater.
Prepare for a warm Irish welcome on the luxury vessels and enjoy full bar service and refreshments during your 40-minute trip.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Return ferry from Rossaveel (Galway) to Inis Mór.
What's excluded :
- Return shuttle bus transfer from Galway city to Rossaveel Port.
- Parking at Rossaveel pier.
- Approximate sailing time to Inis Mór is 40 minutes.
Departing Rossaveel (Galway): our ferries depart at 10:30 from the sheltered fishing harbour of Rossaveel in Connemara, Galway. Passengers can enjoy the convenience of our bus shuttle service departing from Galway city to our ferry terminal daily. (Please book this service in one of our Galway city offices).
Return Ferry Time: The ferry will depart Inis Mór at 17:00 from Kilronan Pier (drop-off point), but we would advise you present for boarding 20 minutes prior to ferry departure time.
Your TripAdvisor booking confirmation is not your ticket. Tickets must be collected at our ferry terminal at Rossaveel Port or in one of our Galway city offices: 37-39 Forster St. or at Kinlay House Hostel (ground floor) on Merchant's Rd. Please allow extra time in peak season as it is extremely busy.
If you are driving to the pier:
We recommend you present for boarding at ferry gate 30 minutes prior to ferry departure time.
We depart from Rossaveel port - 23 miles west of Galway City centre. Passengers are advised to allow one hour driving time from the City to the Port. Please note that extra time must be allowed for parking at the harbour.
Departure Point :Rossaveel Ferry, Ireland
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- If trip is cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a full refund or may opt to sail on a different date.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.