Inle by Boat Full Day Tour
Inle Lake is one of the most magical places in Myanmar, with hundreds of years of history behind it. Experience a full day on Inle Lake getting to see local life on the banks of the river. Amongst the sights you will visit are the 5-day market, Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, Nga Hpe Kyaung monastery, as well as local workshops.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Boat transportation
- English-speaking guide
- Lunch - One of the best local restaurants
- Government tax
What's excluded :
- Other drinks & refreshments not stated
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
Inle Lake is one of the most magical places in Myanmar, with hundreds of years of history behind it. At 9am you will be met at your hotel on the lake by our guide in a local boat to begin your day of adventure. Amongst the sights you will visit are the 5-day floating market: so-called as it migrates from one rustic lakeside village to another on a five-day rota system, which market takes place which day is more than a little complicated, since market days don’t correspond to days of the week or even particular dates, but your trusty guide will check this for you.
Stop At: Phaung Daw Oo Paya Pagoda, Ywama Village, Taunggyi, Myanmar (Burma)
We will explore Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda which is a notable Buddhist Pagoda on the lake as it houses five small gilded images of Buddha, which have been covered in gold leaf to the point that their original forms cannot be seen.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Nga Phe Kyaung Monastery, Taunggyi Myanmar
Nga Hpe Kyaung monastery or ‘Jumping Cat Monastery which is situated on the West side of the lake it was named due to its jumping cats, trained to leap through hoops during the slow hours between scripture recitals, although few of these remain, it is famous for its collection of ancient buddha images.
For lunch, you will stop at one of the best local restaurants to enjoy some of the days local catches from the lake, before continuing your exploration in the afternoon.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
Next, you will also have the opportunity to visit local workshops such as silversmiths, silk weavers, and cigar makers, boat making and see how product takes place on the lake. Most impressively you will witness the local way of life of the Inthar people, who live here. You can watch local fisherman, rowing one legged, visit the floating gardens, and pass by villages made entirely on the lake. You will be dropped off at your hotel as the sun begins to set at around 5pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer this service by boat not car. If your hotel does not has a jetty please specify your closest jetty, if you do not have this information, please contact in advance for guidance. We also offer car pick up will be available with a price.Ports
- Jetty or port of your hotel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- During festivals, crowds and queuing may be experienced.
- Please be on time for the pick-up at your hotel.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.