Inle to Indein Full Day Tour
Indein is a small village near Inle Lake, known for its two groups of ancient pagodas. Travel from Inle Lake to Indein for a full day adventure exploring stupa ruins and off-the-beaten-path pagodas. A tour highlight is a visit to a traditional weaving workshop. This is the prefect tour for someone looking to experience a deeper look into Myanmar’s culture and history.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch in one of the most famous local restaurants (no drinks)
- Bottled water - On bottle per person in the boat
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees Inle Lake
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
Inle Lake is one of the most magical places in Myanmar, with hundreds of years of history behind it. At 9am you will be met at your hotel on the lake by our guide in a local boat to begin your day of adventure. Amongst the sights you will visit are the 5-day floating market: so-called as it migrates from one rustic lakeside village to another on a five-day rota system, which market takes place which day is more than a little complicated, since market days don’t correspond to days of the week or even particular dates, but your trusty guide will check this for you.
Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda: A notable Buddhist Pagoda on the lake as it houses five small gilded images of Buddha, which have been covered in gold leaf to the point that their original forms cannot be seen. Nga Hpe Kyaung monastery or ‘Jumping Cat Monastery’: Situated on the West side of the lake it was named due to its jumping cats, trained to leap through hoops during the slow hours between scripture recitals, although few of these remain, it is famous for its collection of ancient buddha images.
You will also have the opportunity to visit local workshops such as silversmiths, silk weavers, and cigar makers and see how product takes place on the lake.
Most impressively you will witness the local way of life of the Inthar people, who live here. You can watch local fisherman, rowing one legged, visit the floating gardens, and pass by villages made entirely on the lake.
For lunch, you will stop at a local restaurant to enjoy some of the days local catches from the lake, before continuing your exploration in the afternoon. You will be dropped off at
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Nyaung Ohak, Taunggyi, Myanmar (Burma)
Disembark at the jetty and walk for 15 minutes through Indaing village to reach the 14th - 18th century pagoda ruins of Nyaung Ohak. Many pagodas here remain charmingly unrenovated, with plants and even small trees growing out of them, making the area very atmospheric.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Indein Village, Inthein, Taunggyi Myanmar
A covered walkway popular with souvenir stallholders leads up to Shwe Inn Thein Paya, a complex of weather-beaten 17th - 18th century zedi; some newly reconstructed.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Hpaung Daw U Pagoda, Taunggyi Myanmar
Returning to the river and continue by boat downstream past Yethar village, watching local life on the banks and birds in the trees until rejoining the Lake near Phaung Daw Oo Paya.
Stop At: Nyaung Shwe, Phaung Daw Side Rd, Nyaungshwe, Myanmar (Burma)
We will enjoy our lunch in a local restaurant. After lunch we will have a few moments of leisure before go back to the Airport of Heho where we will take a flight to Yangon. On arrival transfer to the hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer this service by boat not car. If your hotel does not has a jetty please specify your closest jetty, if you do not have this information, please contact in advance for guidance. We also offer car pick up will be available with a price.Ports
- Your hotel Jetty
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Appropriate clothing must be worn in the Pagodas
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.