Innsbruck Private Walking Tour
Join our tour and follow our guides while listening to the stories and legends of Tyrol’s capital. In this 1.5 hours tour you have the chance to discover the sights of Innsbruck and enjoy an interesting and varied tour through the beautiful old town. You will discover all historic sights including The Golden Roof, the Hofkirche, traditional inns, the Imperial Palace and the lively Maria – Theresia Street with the impressive arch of triumph.
You will see:
* Old Town
* Emperor Maximilian's Golden Roof
* Imperial court church and palace
* City Tower
* St. James cathedral
* Maria – Theresia Street with the arch of triumph
You will learn about:
* The history of the city
* Emperor Maximilian I
* Maria Teresa
* History and culture of music and architecture
* Religious and political background
* Cultural scene of the city
* Winter Olympics
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- * Local Guide who will be with your group only
- * Private guided Tour
- * Possible customizing on tour with your local guide on the spot
What's excluded :
- * Gratuities
- * Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Tirol, Austrian Alps
We will start at the Innsbruck Information Center along to the Burggraben, a historic street at the entrance to the old town. We will explore the Gothic city center and admire the impressive Golden Roof, Innsbruck’s greatest tourist attraction and certainly its most characteristic landmark. The Golden Roof is a three-story balcony located in the central square, the heart of the Old Town.
It’s time to see another gem: the Imperial Palace, completed in the year 1500 under Emperor Maximilian I. The palace served as a model and was painted as a watercolor by Albrecht Durer. Our guide will explain to you everything about the architecture and treasures of this amazing palace.
Then see the Imperial Court Church, which harbors the empty tomb of Emperor Maximilian I who is actually buried in Wiener Neustadt.
Our next point of interest is the St Jacob Cathedral, a baroque building with works of Lucas Cranach the Elder. Partially destroyed during an earthquake, it was rebuilt to what you can see nowadays.
Another landmark of the Innsbruck is the City Tower, where you can enjoy a view overlooking the medieval streets of Innsbruck and stunning views of the mountains.
Finally, we’ll stroll through the Baroque Maria-Theresien-Straße, see the Triumphal Arch and learn about the fascinating history of the city. Our tour will end in this area, giving you some free time to explore the rest of the street, whether for shopping or checking out one of the many cafes in the vicinity.
Departure Point :Innsbruck, Austria
Return Detail :Innsbruck, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.