Insadong Taster Tour
What makes this tour different from any other is your guide. Julia has studied Korean alcohol for 8 years and has dedicated her life to absorbing every aspect of the industry. She will take you on an undiscovered journey of tastes and culture.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - We will taste a variety of makgeolli from commercially available to hand-crafted by local artisans. Each makgeolli will be paired with classic dishes such as Korean pancakes and steamed pork belly.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Insadong, Insa-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul South Korea
This traditional tour takes you on a three hour traditional Korean alcohol tasting spree where you will visit three different makgeolli bars, each with their own unique style.
We begin with a place famous for its wide range of makgeolli sourced from around the country, set in a cozy hanok (a Korean traditional house).
After sampling a few bottles of what can be found on the market paired with some quintessential Korean pancakes, we head to a secret location unfamiliar even to locals. Here we sample some handcrafted makgeolli, straight from the hands of the brewer herself. Once we have had our fill of his delicious brew and some home-cooked dishes, we walk on to our final destination. We pull up stools at a dimly lit bar with tin kettles filled with makgeolli and experience the revelry of tavern style drinking.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :113-1 Anguk-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.