Inside the Buffer Zone of Nicosia
I love nothing more than sharing the sights, sounds and secrets with intimate knowledge of the best places off the beaten path, on streets rarely discovered. I've been leading recreational walks for many years, purely out of interest and passion for my city. I enjoy connecting and showing people around this great city and I feel the best way to connect is on foot!
The intention is to leave you with an insider’s perspective of Nicosia.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Cypriot traditional Coffee & Pastries in the best local bakery in Town
- Entry/Admission - Venetian walls of Nicosia
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Venetian walls of Nicosia, Nicosia Cyprus
This is not a regular city walk, but a passage through a town frozen in time. It will give you an insight into the current situation of the Buffer Zone “Green Line” off the beaten track, on streets that are hard to discover without the experience of a local guide.You will see the Venetian walls and how they form a boarder around the Old City, so unusual that once seen on a map will never be forgotten as a design synonymous with the unique shape of this ancient fortification. On our walk we will explore the Southern side of the city and follow the infamous “Green line” that cuts through the centre, separating the city into southern and northern sections. This division has kept the two major communities, of Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots apart for more than four decades. Our journey begins at the Ledra Palace Hotel known in its era as the largest and most majestic hotels of the capital. You will witness life having evolved along either side of this schism, something once impossible to do until recent agreements between the two sides to open border crossings. We will explore Ledra Street located at heart of the aforementioned walled city now once again rekindled to one of the most popular pedestrian commercial streets accented by abandoned buildings reclaimed by nature through decades of lost time scarred by bullet holes, military outposts and barricades.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Ledra Palace Hotel, Markou Drakou, Nicosia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Accessible Toilet available at meeting point
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.