Interstate 55: St. Louis, MO to Springfield, IL Driving Audio Tour by VoiceMap
This self-guided GPS audio tour brings to life the land, the towns, the people, and history to the places and sights you pass as you travel along Interstate 55 from St. Louis, MO to Springfield, IL. It transforms a monotonous ride into an stimulating, enjoyable, and no longer boring journey.
A safety note: Always focus on the road, drive safely, and obey all traffic laws. Nothing on this tour requires your immediate or prolonged attention. If something you hear inspires you to explore an attraction further, turn off at the next exit and take local roads to where the attraction is located. Your best view of every attraction is NOT from the Interstate, so do not pull over or slow down because of the tour.
The audio plays automatically at the right time and place using your phone's GPS and the VoiceMap app.
per adult from
1 hour 20 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to Interstate 55: St. Louis, MO to Springfield, IL tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site, 30 Ramey Dr, Collinsville, IL 62234-7617
A prehistoric civilization best known for the large earthen mounds they left behind lived here. The civilization thrived here for 600 years before mysteriously disappearing sometime before 1350 CE. The center of their civilization was dominated by Monk’s Mound, the largest prehistoric earthen construction in the Americas.
Pass By: Union Miners Cemetery, Mount Olive, IL
One of the most famous advocates for the rights of miners was Mother Jones. She was once called the most dangerous woman in America. She died in 1930, and is buried at Union Miners Cemetery in Mt. Olive, the only union-owned cemetery in the United States.
Pass By: Pink Elephant Antique Mall, 908 Veterans Memorial Dr, Livingston, IL 62058-1073
Welcoming us to Livingston is the Pink Elephant Antique Mall, with its larger than life fiberglass men, women, ice cream cones, flying saucer, and of course, pink elephants.
Departure Point :1001 S Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63104, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/19/2019 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :10200 I-55, Springfield, IL 62707, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.