Intramuros: History of Old Manila | Manila Walking Tours
Intramuros, a district of Manila City, is also known as the Old Manila. Book this tour if you want a full-history tour about the story of Manila and the important events that shaped the Philippine history.
This walking tour tell the story of the Manila - from the pre-colonial times, Spanish Colonization, American annexation, Japanese Occupation and the post-war Manila. If you have less than 4 hours but you want to hear more than 400 years of Philippine history, this is the tour for you and your group.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- English-speaking local tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Fort Santiago
- Entry/Admission - Rizal Shrine
- Entry/Admission - Casa Manila
What's excluded :
- Tips and gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Horse carriage ride
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila, Luzon 1002 Philippines
Fort Santiago is a citadel first built by Spanish navigator and governor Miguel López de Legazpi for the new established city of Manila in the Philippines. The defense fortress is part of the structures of the walled city of Manila referred to as Intramuros.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rizal Shrine, Santa Clara Street, Manila, Luzon 1002 Philippines
José Rizal, one of the Philippine national heroes, was imprisoned here before his execution in 1896. The Rizal Shrine museum displays memorabilia of the hero in their collection and the fort features, embedded onto the ground in bronze, his footsteps representing his final walk from his cell to the location of the actual execution.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Manila Cathedral, Cabildo cor Beaterio Intramuros, Manila, Luzon 1002 Philippines
The Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, also known as Manila Cathedral (Spanish: Catedral de Manila), is the cathedral of Manila and basilica located in Intramuros, the historic walled city within today's modern city of Manila, Philippines. It is dedicated to the Immaculate Conception, a title for the Blessed Virgin Mary, the principal patroness of the country. The cathedral serves as the episcopal see of the Archbishop of Manila.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Intramuros, Bonifacio Dr & Padre Burgos St, Manila, Luzon 1002 Philippines
A kalesa (horse-drawn carriage) ride around the walled city of Intramuros.
Stop At: Memorare Manila Monument, Anda Street Intramuros, Manila, Luzon Philippines
The Memorare – Manila 1945 Monument commemorates the lives lost during the battle for the liberation of Manila, waged by Filipino and American forces against Imperial Japanese troops from February 3, 1945, to March 3, 1945.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Casa Manila, General Luna St. Intramuros, Manila, Luzon Philippines
Casa Manila is a museum in Intramuros depicting colonial lifestyle during Spanish colonization of the Philippines.
The museum is the imposing stone-and-wood structure c. 1850, one of the grand houses in Barrio San Luis (one of the four original villages of Intramuros) is located across historic San Agustin church and bounded by Calle Real, General Luna, Cabildo and Urdaneta streets. The other two are the Los Hidalgos, c. 1650 and Cuyugan Mansion, c. 1890.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila, Philippines
Return Detail :Casa Manila, plaza sans luis complex, General Luna St, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila, Philippines
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This walking tour includes a moderate amount of walking. it is advised to wear comfortable clothing in a tropical climate.
- Guests are advised to dress casual. A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No mini-shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.