Intro to Xeros Potamos Valley & Vouni Panagias Walk (private from Limassol)
Phivos Ioannides, who would be guiding the trip and the walk, is a world traveller with extensive studies, wide business and other experiences. He is involved for many years in the sector of authentic ecotourism in Cyprus and is the author of a relevant guide book (with the title 'Exploring Authentic Cyprus'). He is a Greek Cypriot and specialises on guided walking trips.
Our usual transportation (Citroen C8 MPV) can take upto six adult passengers and a driver. We keep groups small, in order to offer a more personalised service.
We walk in Xeros Potamos Valley and visit watermill(s), and possibly Panagia tou Sinti monastery.
At Vouni Panagias we walk through vineyards (which change tremendously through the seasons) and enjoy excellent vistas towards Ezousa Valley, Paphos Forest, Kannaviou dam, Xeros Potamos Valley and even Akamas and Olympus peak on Troodos.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pano Panayia, Pano Panayia, Paphos District
One of the two walks is at Vouni Panagias peak (locality) over the village of Pano Panagias. The circular route starts at the village, at an elevation of abt 800 m and ascends to the peak (abt 1,150 m high). The walk is largely on the plateau which is one of the best grape producing spots in Cyprus. Walkers enjoy views of the vineyards, rock formations and vistas towards Ezousa Valley, Xeros Potamos Valley, Paphos Forest and as far as Akamas.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Chrysorrogiatissa Monastery, Main Road through village, Pano Panayia Cyprus
A stop at this historic, 1,000 year old monastery can make for a brief break before the start of the walk proper, at Vouni Panayias peak, which starts at Pano Panayia village, just a couple of km down the road.
We expect that travellers would spend about three hours on the walk (and the monastery)
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Panagia of Sintis, Paphos Cyprus
This is one of the 'best' attractions on the island, combining a medieval monastery with a natural environment away from modern settlements. As a rule we walk to the monastery (crossing the stream on going and returning).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up travellers from an agreed location in Limassol.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participants must wear proper walking shoes or sports sandals, wear sun protection, bring water and snacks/food.
- Participants must hold relevant insurance.
- A maximum of six (6) people per booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.