Introduction to Alesund Highlights - Shore Excursion from Alesund
This half-day tour is a perfect introduction to Alesund, one of Norway's most picturesque towns & home to its most important fishing harbour. Alesund lies at the mouth of Stor Fjord and is set on two islands which are connected by bridges - it has been described as the Norwegian Venice.
As a result of the 1904 fire which destroyed most of the town, Alesund was rebuilt in stone instead of wood and is rich in a delightful art nouveau architecture of towers, turrets & medieval romantic facades. You'll find an abundance of stone neo-Classical and neo-Gothic buildings, with multiple towers, coats of arms and simple but original bas-reliefs.
The town also offers the fabulous views - you can take 400 steps up to the Kniven Overlook on Mount Aksla for stunning panoramic view of Alesund bay and its surrounding mountains & offshore islands.
You'll get to enjoy free time in this enchanting town before your transportation returns you to the port in plenty of time for your cruise ship's departure.
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English Speaking Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aksla Mountain, Alesund 6002 Norway
Pick up from the port
Drive back to the port
When does my tour start?
This tour will be scheduled to suit your cruise ship porting times.
When do I return to port after my tour/excursion?
We schedule your return to port to ensure you arrive in plenty of time to re-join your ship - normally 1 hour before the scheduled sailing time. Where you have free time after the end of your tour, then it is your responsibility to ensure you re-join the ship on time.
All tour times are based on Shore time (ie local time, - not ship time)
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Port of Alesund, Keiser Wilhelms gate 6, 6003 Ålesund, Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Joining instructions and start times will be sent to you through the Viator/TripAdvisor Messaging Portal.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.