Irazu Volcano, Cartago Ruins and Sarapiqui River Tour from San Jose
This complete tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy the highlights of Costa Rica in one full day, first by going to the “Ruinas de Cartago” where you will get to know the amazing story that surrounds this place. Then you will visit the Irazú Volcano, with its unique view to the crater and on a clear day you can see both the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour guide
- Breakfast and lunch
- Boat tour
- Entry/Admission - Irazu Volcano National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santiago Apostol Parish Ruins, Cnr Av 2 Calle 2, Cartago 30102 Costa Rica
Prepare for an early morning pickup at your San Jose hotel to make the most of this jam-packed day. Stop for breakfast en rout to the nearby city of Cartago, home to interesting ruins of a destroyed church and other remnants of a 16th-century colonial settlement. Hear the legends that surround the crumbling chapel before continuing north to Irazú Volcano National Park.
Stop At: Irazu Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
Peer down into the active volcano’s lagoon-filled crater, and enjoy commanding views from the top of the peak. On a clear day, you may be able to catch sight of both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans from the 11,260-foot (3,432-meter) summit.
Stop At: Sarapiqui River, Costa Rica
Next, travel to the riverside town of Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí and board a covered river boat for a leisurely 2-hour cruise down the Sarapiquí River. Keep a sharp eye out for sightings of local wildlife that inhabits the surrounding jungle, such as crocodiles, monkeys, sloths, and toucans. The voyage concludes at a private farm, where you can stretch your legs on hiking trails and enjoy a homestyle Costa Rican lunch.
Stop At: Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo, North Of San Jose 19 km, San Jose 10104 Costa Rica
Pass through the beautiful Braulio Carrillo National Park on the return drive to San Jose, where the 12-hour tour concludes with hotel drop-off in the evening.
Departure Point :San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
On the arrival at the hotel the tour guide is going to ask in the reception of the hotel for the client
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We suggest wearing long pants, comfortable shoes, a hat and bringing a camera
- Minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to run; if the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.