Irish Ancestry and Heritage Walking Tour in Dublin
The tour is led by a local professional guide trained in Irish Family History Research who will help you to discover the information and tips to accelerate any search to discover your Irish roots and family story. The tour includes an engaging visit to the National Museum of Ireland to view precious Irish artifacts including the Ardagh Chalice, and the ‘Tara’ Brooch dating back 2500 - 500 BC during the great Bronze Age of Ireland.
per adult from
What's included :
- Genealogy expert
- Light refreshments
- Entry/Admission - National Library of Ireland
- Entry/Admission - Buswells Hotel
- Entry/Admission - National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Trinity College Dublin
- Entry/Admission - Leinster House
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trinity College Dublin, Grafton St. College Green, Dublin 2 Ireland
This is where your tour will start from. This magnificent College was established by Queen Elizabeth 1in 1592 which is a great introduction to over 400 years of ancestral recording. With your guide at hand you will enjoy a fascinating introduction to your Ancestry tour itinerary before walking to the National Library of Ireland.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: National Library of Ireland, Kildare Street, Dublin 2 Ireland
The National Library of Ireland is one of the most wonderful buildings to visit and start researching your Irish roots. The Library was established under the Dublin Science and Art Museum Act of 1877 and was initially the repository for the Royal Dublin Society and the Joly library.For someone interested in tracing their Irish roots, the National Library is an important destination. The Library has a dedicated staffed Genealogy Room where your guide will lead you to the room to begin your search for your Irish roots.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Leinster House, Kildare Street, Dublin 2 Ireland
See Leinster House where your guide will give you an illuminating introduction to the seat of Irish Government also known as the National Parliament encompassing The House of Representatives & The Senate.
Leinster House is steeped in history; it was originally known as Kildare House after James Fitzgerald the Earl of Kildare who commissioned it to be built in 1745. He wanted the building to reflect his position in society so set about building the stateliest of all of the Dublin Georgian Mansions. When he became the Duke of Leinster it was re-named to Leinster House.
It is claimed it was modelled on the White House. In 1815 the Third Duke of Leinster sold the mansion to the Royal Dublin Society (RDS) for 10,000 pounds together with a yearly rent of 600 pounds. After the founding of the Irish Free State in 1922 the government secured Leinster House as seat of the parliament.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Buswells Hotel, 23-27 Molesworth St, Dublin 2, D02 CT80, Ireland
Your Guide will bring you this lovely Georgian Hotel when available to sit down and present a comprehensive introduction to your personal search for your ancestors. The guide will present you with your own personal guidebook that will assist you greatly will call the up-to-date information that will help your search while explaining the steps necessary. This book will be yours to keep and will provide you invaluable information to help you successfully search for your ancestors. As this hotel faces the Houses of Parliament it is sometimes closed due to Government functions and Press conferences. In such a case an alternative location will be used.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology, Kildare Street, Dublin Ireland
Discover one of the most illuminating Museums in Ireland that will introduce tour guests to over 6,000 years of Irish history from the very early settlers up to the present day. Your guide will introduce you to the most important exhibits and artifacts that will afford a great opportunity to understand Ireland's people, culture and history.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Trinity College Dublin, College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Return Detail :Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 HX65, Ireland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health & safety are our primary concern along with making sure you have a great tour. Our guides follow hygiene protocols based on WHO & local government guidelines. We request guests practice good hand sanitization when entering & leaving venues & request use of masks when/where requested.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.