Islamic Cairo Walking Tour: Khan el Khalili, Al-Azhar Mosque
Cairo Walking tour across its Islamic quarter to visit the amazing Al Muizz street which have the greatest concentration of Islamic medieval architecture along both its sides. The tour includes the Khan El Khalili Bazaar and Al Azhar mosque.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Sharia Al Mu'izz Li-Din Allah
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sharia Al Mu'izz Li-Din Allah, Al Moez Ldin Allah Al Fatmi, Cairo 11511 Egypt
This tour is a walking tour that will take your through Islamic quarter of Cairo. After picking up from your hotel you will be driven through the streets of Cairo to the beginning of Al Muizz street. Entering from one of its main gates Bab El Fotouh you will walk through this open air museum which is approximately one kilometre long. Many monuments including mosques, sabeel's (water serving plass for passers by) and kuttabs the traditional schools at that time. Traditional baths and Islamic old Cairo gates like Bab El Fotouh, Bab El Nasr and Bab Zeweila. The tour then takes you to Khan El Khalili Bazaar which is located in the alley ways stemming from Al Muizz street.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Khan Al-Khalili, Cairo Egypt
The Khan El Khalili is an old of the oldest markets in Egypt. Cross the street to walk to the other part of Al Muizz street and see Al Azhar Mosque one of the main fundamental Islamic mosques in the whole Islamic world. Continue the tour to Ghoria where you will see Bab Zewiela gate and a close distance by is the Khaimia or tent maker bazaar.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Al-Azhar Mosque, Mohammed Abdou El-Darb El-Ahmar, Cairo 11511 Egypt
The tour will lead to Al Azhar mosque one of the most prominent mosques for teaching of Islam
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.