Island Peak Climbing - 20 Days
There is a 300 meter headwall of 45 degree snow slopes leading to the exposed summit ridge of Island Peak. From the summit the incredible view includes Nuptse, 7879 m, Lhotse, 8501 m, Lhotse Middle Peak, 8419 m, and the unclimbed Lhotse Shar, 8383 m. To the east, the perfect pyramid of Makalu, 8475 m and the frozen waves of the Lhotse Shar Glacier, and to the south, Baruntse and Ama Dablam.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transfer from Airport – Hotel – Airport: Car, Van, Hi-ace or Coaster in a private vehicle.
- Authentic Nepali welcome dinner with Live Nepalese Cultural Program.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, Four nights on Twin share Bed and Breakfast Basis
- Accommodation during Trek ; local lodges 13 nights ( Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Accommodation during Camping ; Meals during One night at Base Camp and One night High Camp
- English speaking experienced and certified Sherpa Guide (Govt. Trained/License Holder).
- All Camping Equipment required during the trek, sleeping tents/mattresses, kitchen tent & equipment
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff while on Island peak climbing
- Porters: One porter for Two Trekker basis in all of our Climbing Trips
- Trek Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation.
- Energy Supplies ( Snickers, Mars, Bounty) and Fresh / Can Fruits on the Trek
- First aid medicine kit.
- Island Peak Climbing Permit
- Sagarmatha National Park Fee, TIMS permits & all required permits or Official Documentation.
- Round-Trip airfare between Kathmandu and Lukla (Airport Tax Included)
- All required Personal and Group Climbing Equipments and Gears
What's excluded :
- Your Personal Travel Insurance
- Nepal Entry Visa Fee.
- Lunch & Dinner in cities - allow $ 10 to 14 for per meal in Tourist restaurants.
- Beverages (soft drinks, mineral water,boiled water and beer).
- Tips for guide, porters and driver (customary).
- Any personal expenses not mentioned in above services.
Island Peak Climbing combines the classic trek to the Everest Base Camp and climb of a beautiful 6000m peak.
Day 1 :Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 :Preparation Day in Kathmandu
Day 3 :Fly to Lukla; Trek to Phakdingma, 4hrs
Day 4 :Trek to Namche bazzar, 6-7 hrs
Day 5 :Acclimatization day- Trekking around Namche Bazaar.
Day 6 :Trek to Tengbuche, 5-6 hrs
Day 7 :Trek to Dingbuche, 5 hrs
Day 8 :Acclimatization Day- Hiking Nagarjun Hill or Chukkhung Valley
Day 9 :Trek to Lobuche, (4915 m/ 16125ft) 5 hrs
Day 10 :Trek to Gorak Shep (5130m/16,830ft) 3 hrs and hike to EBC (Everest Base Camp (5364m/17,598ft)
Day 11 :Ascent to Kala Pattar (5545m/ 18,192ft) and descent to Dingbuche, (4400m/14,435ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 12 :Dinbuche - Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp, (5200m/ 17060ft) 3-4 hrs
Day 13 :Pre-Climb training and trek to High Camp (5450m/17,880ft) 2 hrs
Day 14 :Ascend Island Peak (6189m/ 20,305ft ) and descent to Chhukung (4710m/15,452ft) 10-12 hrs
Day 15 :Reserve Day (in case of unfavorable weather)
Day 16 :Trek to Namche (3441 m/11,289ft) 7-8 hrs
Day 17 :Trek to Lukla (2810m/9219ft) 7-8 hrs
Day 18 :Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 19 :Free Day in Kathmandu
Day 20 :Departure
Departure Point :Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/20/2020 - 10/25/2021
Monday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Tuesday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Wednesday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Thursday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Friday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Sunday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.