Istanbul Street Walks in Kadıköy
In our street walks you do not just walk any district of Istanbul but know what you have walked. Simple and practical, these walks allow you to make your own mind also, about where to have lunch and where to pay any fee for a visit, after being informed by your guide. So the only thing you pay for is our guiding service!
And one of these street walks, Kadıköy walk is based on area's culture while including the best guiding service possible.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guiding service
What's excluded :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Altıyol, Istanbul, Osmanağa, 34714 Kadıköy/İstanbul, Turkey
The beginning and meeting point of our tour, Altıyol is the very center of Kadıköy, with its Bull Statue that might look more realistic than the one in New York City.
Here, we will have an introduction to the district and to what we are going to do.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Yeldegirmeni Sanat Merkezi, Iskele Sk. 41-43, Istanbul 34716 Turkey
An old church converted to an art center, Notre Dame de Rosarie offers a really good insight of Kadıköy for us visitors, because of its ability to present the transformation of the area. We will also stop by here and be informed about the building's then and now, as well as about the cultural activities that are going on. In this area, we will spend our time seeing the old historic houses and feel the vibe of today's hipster quarter, Yeldeğirmeni.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hemdat Israel Synagogue, Izzettin Sok Rasimpasa, Istanbul 34736 Turkey
We stop by and talk about Hemdat Israel Synagogue from outside, for a little while, as it is one of the colors of Kadıköy. Here, we will also be informed about the district's Jewish side.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Haydarpasa Terminal, Asian Side, Istanbul Turkey
Haydarpaşa Train Station is one of the cornerstones of this walk and, we get to see it and talk about it for a while from a distance as it is under restoration nowadays. Around this area we will also get the chance to observe Kadıköy Square and its surroundings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Surp Takavor Church, Muvakkithane Cad. No:18 Kadikoy Merkez, Kadikoy, Istanbul Turkey
An Armenian addition to district's pattern, Surp Takavor will be the place not just to observe but also to dive into the spirit of Kadıköy's marketplace, where we are going to make some other visits to Hagia Euphemia Church and Osmanağa Mosque. Here also, we might get a chance to see this Armenian Church from the inside and right after, we will have some free time for lunch.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Moda, Caferağa, 34710 Kadıköy/İstanbul, Turkey
Moda will be our last corner in this walk, then to get back to our meeting and starting point. Here, we will get a chance to see Barış Manço's House, who has left a big cultural legacy to Turkey. Then, on our way will be; the Street of Bars, All Saints Anglican Chapel, Mansion of Sarıca Paşa, French Church of Notre Dame de l'Assomption, Sacred Fountain of Hagia Katerina and many more, including probably an exhibition at Halka Sanat.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sureyya Opera House, Cafer Aga Mah. Bahariye Cad. No:29 Caferaga, Kadikoy, Istanbul Turkey
An artful landmark of Kadıköy that is still serving its people, Süreyya Opera House is a must in our tour. In this stop, we observe the area which is like a movie set and then might get a chance to look indoors. We assure you that it will feel real different to talk about this building, which might even reflect the whole Kadıköy's character!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Surp Levon Ermeni Katolik Kilisesi, Altiyol No.1 Ali Suavi Sok Osmanaga Mah, Istanbul 34714 Turkey
The only Armenian Catholic Church in the area, Surp Levon will offer us both itself from outside and the street of artists nearby, before finishing our tour.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Altıyol, Istanbul, Osmanağa, 34714 Kadıköy/İstanbul, Turkey
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We use discord app for safe communication, if necessary. Necessary instructions will be given to you at the beginning of the tour. Yet, we do not provide any earphones and recommend you bring your own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.