Istria 'called original Tuscany' (Rovinj, Pula,Porec) - Private Tour from Zagreb
Istria Tour includes a wander between three stunning cities/attractions: Pula - Roman amphitheater will take you back in history where you can imagine gladiator fights, Poreč – UNESCO protected Euphrasian basilica and Rovinj so called “Pearl of Adriatic”.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully Private tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local professional driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by private air-conditioned car or minivan
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Local food tasting or Lunch
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Viatica Travel, Zagreb Croatia
Istria experience starts in Zagreb when our guide picks you up at your accommodation. The drive from Zagreb to Pula is approximately 3 hours so we always recommend an early start for this tour. So, our first stop is the city of Pula.
PULA – the biggest city and the center of the Istrian peninsula. The earliest mentioning of the city was in the 10 century BC when it was founded by an ancient tribe. The city was well known by the Greek travelers and sailors so it was also included in some Greek myths. The Romans have made the city strong in the 1st century and you will explore with us the vivid remains of that era. It is well known for the roman arquitecture and the most famous of them is Arena, one of the best preserved amphitheaters in the world, the several gates to the city ( Arch of the Sergii, gate of Hercules…) or the Temple of Augustus.
After a 45 minute drive you arrive at ROVINJ. The city was also founded by the Istrian tribes. It was built on a small island close to the mainland and in the 18th was connected to it. It was ruled for 5 centuries by the Venice so both Italian and Croatian language are official in the city. During this period the walls were built around the city and the remains are seen even today. Rovinj is a real gem and adored by tourists because in reality on every step you take you are forced to take another photo.
Another 45 minute drive and we are in POREČ – the old town almost 2000 years old is most famous for its Euphrasian basilica, which is from 1997. on the UNESCO world heritage list. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Istria. You can still notice the roman influence and the arquitecture in the city. You will walk the main streets, still preserved in its original form.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our clients at any accommodation in Zagreb that we agree on.Airports
- Pleso Airport, Zagreb Croatia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.