Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam - Tickets Included
Visit the Itaipu hydroelectric dam, one of largest dams in the world. The 7,919-meter-long and 196-meter-high structure built between two countries is responsible for 95% of the energy in Paraguay and 24% of energy consumption in Brazil. Since the operation of the first generator in 1984, it has been breaking successive revenue and production records.
Begin your two-and-half-hour tour at the reception and see a video presentation of the dam. Follow to a panoramic visit on the main gazebo to enjoy a unique and outstanding experience seeing the water power. Besides the privileged view of the spillway at the top of the dam, the course allows the contact with the nature and beautiful landscapes within the Itaipu Tourist Complex.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Roundtrip transportation from hotels in Foz do Iguassu
- Roundtrip transportation from hotels in Puerto Iguazu
- Professional guide with live tour commentary in English, Spanish & Portuguese
- Tickets to the Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Itaipu Dam
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Itaipu Dam, Avenida Tancredo Neves 6702, Foz do Iguacu, State of Parana 85856-970 Brazil
Panoramic visit to see the water power of Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam, one of largest dams in the world.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Foz do Iguaçu, State of Paraná, Brazil
2: Puerto Iguazú, Misiones Province, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
Roundtrip transportation available from Foz do Iguassu hotels.Roundtrip transportation available from Puerto Iguazu hotels.Observation: By determination of the park regulator (ICMBio), tours with pickup from Belmond Hotel das Cataratas require reservations at least 72 hours in advance.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.