Iximché Archaeological Park Tour
Guatemala has Mayan cities that had their heyday at different times, those of the Classic Maya period (200 BC to 900 AD) predominate in the north somewhat far from the current city of Guatemala, and those of the Postclassic period (900 AD to 1,524 AD) In the West, one of the most emblematic sites is Iximché, capital of the Kaqchiquel manor, nowadays the visitor can appreciate the vestiges that were left after the destruction caused by the conquerors, also this place was the scene of the foundation of Guatemala. After visiting the Mayan site, the guide will recommend a good place to have lunch, in the afternoon we will return to Guatemala City.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Tour guide.
- Entry/Admission - Iximche
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Iximche, Tecpán Guatemala, Guatemala
The Iximché archaeological site located in the western highlands of Guatemala, specifically in Chimaltenango, is characterized mainly because from its foundation in 1470 until its abandonment in 1524, it was the capital of the Mayan Kaqchikel kingdom.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The tour guide enters the hotel lobby to locate the passengers, maximum waiting time is 5 minutes.Airports
- La Aurora Airport, Guatemala City Guatemala
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.