J Ward Lunatic Asylum Ghost Tour
Visit Australia's former home of the criminally insane, the J Ward Lunatic Asylum, about two hours outside of Melbourne. During this evening experience, check out the museum that now sits here before the 2-hour guided ghost tour begins. The tour introduces you to some of the notorious criminals who resided in the ward, including Chopper Read, as you explore the grounds in search of the souls who still linger here.
Tours run every Friday & Saturday evening.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Live commentary
- Entry/Admission - J Ward Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: J Ward Museum, Girdlestone St, Ararat VIC 3377, Australia
Visit Australia's home to the criminally insane, J Ward Lunatic Asylum. Explore the museum followed by a ghost tour of the home of notorious criminals including Chopper Read, Gary Webb and William Wallace. Explore the governor's bathroom, hangman's gallows, original kitchen, showerblock, grave sites, West Wing, J Ward Block, exercise yards and grounds in search of the souls that still linger. Learn of governors whose spirits are still lurking, prisoners buried in the grounds and the many souls trapped within these walls.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Girdlestone Street, Girdlestone St, Ararat VIC 3377, Australia
Departure Time :9:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children 12 and over must be accompanied by a supervising adult ticket holder
- Flat, comfortable shoes are recommended
- The 2-hour tour is mostly indoors with moderate walking and some steps
- Tours take place in wet weather; in the case of extreme weather, the local tour operator will contact you directly to offer alternative options
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Social distancing
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Lantern Ghost Tours