Jabal Shams (Grand Canyon)
First, visit one of the historical sights of Oman and get to know the rich and vibrant history of the country and have an insight of its heritage. Then and through Oman majestic mountains and curvy valleys, you will be taken up to the highest mountain in the Gulf which goes up to 3000 meters above sea level and let the breath-taking view of the Grand Canyon amaze you. Finally, at the city of Al Hamra, you will see an ancient village famous for its ruins and oasis of farms over the edge of very dry mountains.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Misfat al Abreyeen, Al Hamra Oman
Misfat al Abreyeen is characterised by its alleys, traditional buildings, high mud buildings, and agricultural terraces that wrap around the mountain, along with the old buildings. Misfat Al Abriyeen rises a thousand metres above sea level. The homes of its inhabitants are at the top of the mountain and their farms are on the slope. You will be amazed of the beautiful weather there and peaceful atmosphere.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jebel Shams, Al Hamra Oman
Jabal Shams is the highest mountain in Oman, right in the heart of the Western Hajar Mountain chain in Al Dakhiliyah region, which also host Jabal Akhdar. Jabal Shams is one of the must-see attractions for any visitor to Oman, with views of the Al Nakhr Canyon so spectacular to be labelled as “The Grand Canyon” of Arabia, as well as its mild climate, exciting trekking paths and off-road adventures it offers.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Muscat, Oman
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Muscat International Airport, Muscat, Oman
- Sultan Qaboos Port
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.