Jaipur Abhaneri Historical Day Trip
Abhaneri is a small village situated in the Dausa district in Rajasthan. This village, located 59 miles (95km) away from Jaipuris, is known for Harshat Mata temple which is from the 9th century. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included for this 10 hour sightseeing tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Bottled water
- Private tour host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Chand Baori (Step well)
- Entry/Admission - Harshat Mata Temple
What's excluded :
- Camera Fees
- Any other items which are not mentioned in Inclusions
- You will be picked up at your centrally located hotel in Jaipur area and will be taken to Abhaneri. In Abhaneri, only some portions of the ancient Harshat Mata temple remain now, such as the sanctuary walls, fore chamber and the terrace.
The worn out images of the deities indicate that the shrine was originally dedicated to the creator of Hindu trinity, lord Vishnu. The walls of the ancient shrine are carved with the images of the deities. The columns and walls of the temple are adorned with various scenes of music, sport, and dance and also love. A few of the panels of the temple have been shifted to amber and central museum, archaeological museum of Jaipur.
Near to the Harshat Mata shrine is the step well Chand Baoli, which dates back to the 11the century AD. This step well is considered to be one of the most beautiful, deepest, and largest step wells of India. Chand baoli is a unique invention of Abhaneri. These Baolis are not an ordinary structure, they were wonders of architecture. The Chand Baoli has panels that are beautifully carved and inserted in to the sides.
The stone carved pillars were very strong in the past and were once used to support pulleys for the purpose of drawing water. In the surrounding of this beautifully carved step well are several-storied verandas.
After sightseeing , you will have lunch and will drive back to Jaipur where you will be dropped at your hotel.
Departure Point :Your centrally located hotel in Jaipur
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Your centrally located hotel in Jaipur
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A small amount of walking is involved. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.