Jaisalmer - A Private Tour Of The Fort And The Sam Sand Dunes
Jaisalmer is a desert city in the heart of the Thar Desert. Standing in pride with its colossal forts, palaces and havelis, Jaisalmer showcases the artistic sense of the Rajput kings. It was a major stop on the ancient trade routes. Its main attraction is the Jaisalmer Fort. Beneath the fort’s ramparts, the narrow streets of the old city conceal magnificent havelis, all carved from the same golden-honey sandstone as the fort which is why Jaisalmer is known as the Golden City. Your private guided tour will take you through the Fort in the morning and during the afternoon, you will go out to explore the Sam sand dunes in the desert, complete with a camel ride and dinner.
• Jaisalmer Fort
• Learn about the ancient culture and art of the Rajputs
• Camel Safari in the Sam sand dunes
• Dinner in the desert
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air condition cab.
- Hotel pick up and drop off within city center.
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Camel ride at Sam with Dinner.
- English speaking Local guide
- 02 bottles of water per person
- Entry/Admission - Jaisalmer Fort
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jaisalmer Fort, Fort Road, Jaisalmer 345001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Jaisalmer in a private, air-conditioned car at 9:00 AM along with an English Speaking Local Guide.
You will first head towards the Jaisalmer Fort which is one of the largest forts in the world and offers a great view of the city. It was built in 1156 AD by the Bhati Rajput ruler Rawal Jaisal, from where it derives its name. Its massive yellow sandstone walls are a tawny lion color during the day, fading to honey-gold as the sun sets, thereby camouflaging the fort in the yellow desert. Also known as the Sonar Killa or the Golden Fort, the Jaisalmer fort is a marvellous piece of architecture with several families residing in it. It overlooks a township which consists of the palace complex, the intricately carved havelis of rich merchants, several temples and the residential complexes of the armies and traders placed strategically on the trade route.
Take a break for your lunch (not included).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sam, Sam, Jaisalmer District, Rajasthan
After lunch, you will be taken out to the Sam sand dunes including a camel ride at sunset. Your desert experience includes dinner. Upon completion of the tour, your driver will escort you back to your hotel in the City.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Jaisalmer, Jaisalmer, Jaisalmer District, Rajasthan
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Jaisalmer Airport, Jaisalmer India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.