JAIZKIBEL TREKKING - Private Outdoor Adventure
Become a ‘Camino de Santiago’ pilgrim on this memorable full-day trekking along the wild cliffs of Basque coastline where the craggy mountain landscapes cut into rough waters of the Bay of Biscay.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private experienced guide and driver
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Albaola Museum visit
- High quality local snacks & water
- Cheese tasting and picnic lunch
- Entry/Admission - Albaola, The Sea Factory of the Basques
What's excluded :
- Food, drinks and tickets, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hondarribia, Hondarribia, Province of Guipuzcoa, Basque Country
Our trail begins at the border village of Hondarribia that is also the starting point of the coastal version of one of the most recognized worldwide pilgrimage called by Spaniards ‘camino de Santiago’ or St. James Way in English.
Stop At: Puerto de Hondarribia, Ramon Iribarren, S/N, 20280 Hondarribia Spain
We will kick things off in the fishing port of Hondarribia where you will learn about the significant role of the ocean in the life of Basques and understand our strong connection to it. Did you know that we don’t use nets to catch ‘bonito’ - white tuna? We fish them one by one using traditional methods!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Higer Lighthouse, Higuer Bidea, 56, 20280 Hondarribia Spain
From the port we will follow the way up to a lighthouse, constructed in 1881 and continue along the coast passing spectacular coves, rugged cliffs and artistically shaped sandstone rock formations.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Jaizkibel, Hondarribia Spain
The 457 m high Jaizkibel mountain is considered one of the major areas of biodiversity in the Cantabrian Coast. The higher you ascend, the more peaceful it gets and finally we will be left with nothing but the sound of the waves and the sight of the horses living among nature.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Monumento a la Unión de los Pueblos, 20280 Pasaia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Picnic time! There is no better place to stop for a lunch than a local cheese farm of our friend - Aitz, who produces Idiazabal cheese! We are lucky to be able to try it because it is impossible to buy it in any store. We will not only sample some of his delicious Basque cheese but also learn how it is made. We will also try other specialities like tuna fish from Hondarribia and cured ham & chorizo.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pasai Donibane, Calle San Juan, 20110 Pasajes Spain
The coastal path will finally take us to San Juan where you will immerse yourself in a sleepy atmosphere of this medieval fishing village which streets still remember colorful stories of Basque sailors, pirates and whalers.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Albaola, The Sea Factory of the Basques, Ondartxo Ibilbidea, 1 Pasai San Pedro, 20110 Pasai San Pedro, Pasaia Spain
But this isn’t it! In San Juan we will embark on a tiny boat which will take to the twin village - San Pedro located on the other side of the channel. It’s time to visit Albaola - the sea factory of the Basques. Museum and a shipyard where the local engineers and carpenters are building from scratch a replica of a 16th century whaling ship using exclusively traditional techniques!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up available also from different locations - please ask for details!Please wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Distance: 22 km, Elevation: 800 m, Difficulty: Medium/High
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our vehicles and offices are cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the cleaning and disinfection protocol certified by the Institute for Spanish Tourism Quality (ICTE). We also use an ozone air purification treatment in our vehicles before every tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.