Jamaican Music History Tour of Kingston from Ocho Rios
Kingston is the birth place of Reggae Music! On this exciting lyrical odyssey designed for music lovers, you will learn about the various forms of Jamaican music, visit locations important to the music, and get the opportunity to purchase classic reggae. The Bob Marley Museum is a must see stop on the tour for all fans of the King of Reggae, and this tour is an excellent choice if you are interested in music, music history, culture, food, and community. You will be safely guided by experts familiar with the musical scene and the ins and outs of Kingston. All you will need to do is relax and absorb the energy.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Bottled water
- Beverage on Orange Street
- Entry fees to Bob Marley Museum
- Entry Fee to Trench town Culture Yard Museum tour
- Entry/Admission - Bob Marley Museum
- Entry/Admission - Trench Town Culture Yard
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bob Marley Museum, 56 Hope Rd, Kingston Jamaica
At the Bob Marley Museum you will learn the rich history of one of Kingston's great ambassadors known as the King of Reggae. You will be able to go through the various rooms of his house and see how he lived so many years ago. The tour will give an understanding of what made Bob Marley such a great musician.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kingston, Kingston, Kingston Parish, Jamaica
For lunch we head to the famous Orange Street otherwise known as Beat Street. Here we pop into a small community studio, shop for vinyl in one of the oldest Jamaican record shops still standing, and have some ital lunch.
In Trench Town you can have a drink at the bar, sit in the courtyard with folks from the community, or have a listen to the band that is practicing. If you wish you can do a tour of this community to learn more about how it produced so many of the island's musical greats.
Then for the final stop we go to a street art project, meet up with creative Rastafarians and absorb the positive vibrations of the city.
At the end of the tour you will be returned to your Ocho Rios hotel. The day will be an enjoyable, entertaining, educational one. This tour is truly a unique experience!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Trench Town Culture Yard, 6 & 8 1st St Trench Town, Kingston Jamaica
In the community run museum you will learn the story of the various reggae artists who have come from Trench and why this poor community has had such a major impact.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all accommodations in Ocho Rios and Runaway Bay.Ports
- Ocho Rios cruise terminal, Turtle Beach Rd, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.