Jebel Shams Hike (W6)
No prior experience nor special fitness required since it is a rather light trek and anyone can enjoy the walk, even if you do not want to go the entire distance.
It is kids friendly, however, we highly recommend keeping kids close by and under supervision at all time.
This hike is easy, but do not underestimate the heat in the area.
Recommended items to enjoy your experience:
- sun protection: sunscreen, lip balm, hat, sunglasses
- comfortable shoes
- swimming gear
- healthy snacks
As a rule of thumb, please inform someone you know when you are starting the hike and when you expect to return.
If needed, trekking poles could be arranged at an extra charge.
- Please do not leave trash behind and if you see any trash laying around, kindly do the community a favour and collect it.
- All participants should follow instructions of the Hiking Guide.
- If you have any chronic diseases or any injuries, please let us know beforehand.
per adult from
What's included :
- Services of a professional Hiking Guide
- Certified abseiling and climbing equipment
- First-Aid Kit
- Drinking water (you can take and carry as much as you like)
What's excluded :
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions
- Pick-Up Drop facility that can be arranged on request for an extra charge.
As Sab W6 also know as a Balcony Walk is one of the most scenic and famous hikes in Oman. It is for all levels, quite easy and kids friendly trek.
The path is straightforward, easy and very well maintained. There are few exposed sections, but all secured with railings. It gets narrow at some points, so need to mind your step and give way to others. There is a number of shaded picnic tables along the route if you only wish for a short walk and simply enjoy the view.
The hike starts and ends in Al Khatim village where you will come across local people selling stones and traditional art craft items from the area.
We will follow the ancient donkey trail and walk on a cliff overlooking the Grand Canyon. The trail goes through an abandoned village called As Sab and ends by a beautiful natural lake which is also the start of famous Jebel Shams Via Ferrata.
Hike parameters (approximate)
- Elevation at the Start (m) : 1,900
- Elevation at the End (m) : 1,750
- Total walking distance (km) : 4.0
- Duration (hrs) : 3-4
- Difficulty level : Grade 1 - Easy
- Location : Jebel Shams
• Jebel Shams, Al Hamra Oman
Departure Point :Al Hamra, Oman
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any Hotel in Muscat
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for those who have Acrophobia / Vertigo and small kids.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.