Jeep Tour Lagoa de Fogo & Sete Cidades (Full Day) with lunch
In this tour will find off-road paths with breathtaking scenery and more
This tour will take us to the highest points of the mountains that surround the Crater of Sete Cidades and Lagoa do Fogo, through belvederes where is an incredible sight on the lagoons and dormant volcanoes. Lunch is guaranteed with the best that the local gastronomy has to offer.
Swim in hot springs is also possible.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Caldeira Velha Environmental Interpretation Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Caldeira das Sete Cidades, From Ponta Delaga 10 km, Sao Miguel 9240-113 Portugal
The Lagoa das Sete Cidades, located on the beautiful São Miguel Island, is one of the most famous places in the Azores Archipelago, and once it is understood, it is understood why.
This is the largest freshwater lake in the Azores, located in the volcanic craters that make up the Island. It consists of two lagoons (Lagoa Verde and Lagoa Azul), which promote a scenario of extreme and indescribable beauty and one of the symbolic images of the entire archipelago, classified as Protected Landscape of the Natura 2000 Network.
The Lagoon, whose maximum depth reaches 33 meters, and the maximum length of 4.2 kilometers, is surrounded by green fields of cultivation, framed by beautiful steep slopes that give it an idyllic bucolic and idyllic environment.
Legend of the Blue-Eyed Princess
In the place where today is the beautiful parish of the Seven Cities, there was a kingdom, where the beautiful and young Princess Antília lived, with beautiful blue eyes. One day, on a walk through the wonderful meadows of the area, the Princess falls in love with a green-eyed Shepherd, who was walking his flock.
Days passed, and in each of them the two lovers met in the same place, in the shadow of an old tree, more and more near and in love.
The king, who desired his daughter married to a prince of the neighboring kingdom, when he became aware of the growing passion, forbade the love of the Princess and the Shepherd. Desperate, Antília asked for her last encounter with her love, which happened in the usual place.
As they spoke of their sad fate, they cried so much that from the blue eyes of the Princess formed the Blue Lagoon, and from the green eyes of the Shepherd, the Green Lagoon formed.
Then the legend tells us that the two were separated, but their tears were forever felt side by side in the Lagoa das Sete Cidades.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lagoa do Fogo, Miradouro da Serra Barrosa Agua de Pau, Sao Miguel Portugal
Located on the beautiful and verdant São Miguel Island, in the enchanting Azores Archipelago, Lagoa do Fogo is the second largest Lagoon of the Island of São Miguel, and also the highest, classified since 1974 as a Natural Reserve, such as its natural value and landscaping
Occupying about 1360 hectares, in the caldera of a dormant volcano that will have formed about 15,000 years ago, giving shape to the great volcanic massif of the Serra de Agua de Pau, Lagoa do Fogo enchants by its natural beauty and phenomenal dimension, arriving at reach 30 meters deep.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mosteiros Beach, Mosteiros, Sao Miguel 9555 Portugal
Mosteiros is a Portuguese parish in the municipality of Ponta Delgada, with 8.98 km ² of area and 1 123 inhabitants (2011). Its population density is 125.1 inhabitants/km². It is situated in the extreme west of the island, about 30 kilometers from the capital of the island, Ponta Delgada and about ten of the seaside area of Ferraria.
It is at an altitude of 16 to 30 meters above sea level, being a species of great fajã.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Caldeira Velha Environmental Interpretation Centre, Estrada Regional da Lagoa do Fogo, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel 9600-501 Portugal
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up & Drop-off (Hotels)- In Centre of Ponta Delgada without cost.- Outside of Ponta Delgada it costs 15,00€.Pick-up & Drop-off (Cruise Ship)It has a extra-cost of 5,00€ per person.Ports
- Porto of Ponta Delgada
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years, accompanied by adults
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- When you make the payment, add the sending of proof of payment to the email: email@example.com
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.