Jeep Tour To Avachinsky Volcano From Petropavlovsky-Kamchatka
1. Follow our experienced local guide to Avaccia Volcano;
2. Climb to the top of the mountain, visit the volcanic jets, and conquer the volcano;
3.Provide abundant snacks and local specialty teas;
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Avachinsky V., Kamchatka Krai, Russia, 683020
Avachinskiy (or Avacha) Volcano, also known as Avachinskaya Sopka or "Avacha" among Kamchatka residents, is an active volcano. It has a complex, cone-in-cone structure of Somma-Vesuvius type. It is 2741 meters above the sea and belongs to the group of so-called "domestic" volcanoes because of its close location to the city. Avachinskiy Volcano is a spectacular landmark which can be clearly seen from Petropavlovsk on a clear sunny day.
The volcano used to be a lot larger than it is now. But long time ago, a violent eruption reduced the volcano to almost half its original size, to what it is now. A new active cone with beautiful contours stood up from the depths of the Earth although the remains of the old mountain can still be found at the base of the new volcano. About 20 years ago the main crater of the volcano had a perfect funnel shape which was completely filled with lava and covered by a distinctive "cork" following the significant eruption in 1991.
At present time there are numerous active fumaroles on top of the volcano and therefore its surface is always warm. Once you are at the top of Avachinskiy Volcano you can encounter astonishing panoramic views: the Pacific Ocean coast, the city, and Vilyuchinskiy and Mutnovskiy Volcanoes. On the west side there is a majestic Koryakskiy Volcano and on the north side – breathtaking Nalychevo River Valley in front of Zhupanovskiy and Dzenzur volcanoes.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Since Kamchatka the weather changes very quickly. We can confirm the itinerary for the next day only the night before departure. We will contact you 3 days before departure.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.