Jeep tour to David Gareja Monastery and Rainbow Mountains
More than you can imagine! Martian landscapes right on Earth!
The extraordinary site with fantastic semi-desert landscapes – Davit-Gareja cave monastery, located 100km south-east from Tbilisi, was founded in the 6th century by David (St. David Garejeli).
You can do a one-day trip from Tbilisi to the Georgian desert and see rainbow mountains.
per adult from
10 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Friendly.Ge, Tbilisi Georgia
We will pick you up from anywhere in Tbilisi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mravaltskaro Reservoir მრავალწყაროს წყალსაცავი, Gardabani, Georgia
This lake also known as Mravaltskaro lake is located in Gareja desert, Kvemo Kartli, Gardabani municipality. This you have not seen on Earth! You will find yourself on another planet and rainbow mountains will surround you. Please get ready for walking! One of the best bird-watching spots in Georgia: here you can see herons, partridges, eagles, falcons, magpies, and etc. Of course, it depends on the season.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Udabno, Udabno, Kakheti Region
Natlismtsemeli Monastery - a really unique chance to feel a history! The foundations of the Natlismtsemeli monastery, located 12 km west of the David Gareja plateau, were laid by Luciane, a student of David Gareja at the end of the 7th century, according to the church's tradition. The complex consists of numerous cave temples and a central church. The central church stands out for its extraordinary height.
There is a smaller church south of the main church. To reach that church it is necessary to climb the rock. There is also a tall bell tower and rooms for the monks located in front of that church. The interiors date from the twelfth century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: David Gareja Monastery, Mount Gareja, Udabno Georgia
One-day tour to David Gareja monastery complex is a short but eventful journey to one of the ancient and important religious sites of Georgia. The complex of temples stretches for several kilometers in the south-east of the country and along the border with Azerbaijan. David Gareja monastery is unique due to the fact that many of its buildings are cut in a huge tilted rock and some of its temples still preserve millenary frescos.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will contact you to clarify the time and place from where you will need to pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Since part of the complex is located in Azerbaijan, we do not guarantee that the border guards will allow you to Monastery Udabno.
- On foot, we will overcome about 8 km. Be sure that you are ready for this and you have the right shoes.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.