Jeep Tour to Tijuca Forest with Hiking Tour to Pedra Bonita
What makes this trip unforgetable is that we use a 4 x4 convertible jeep, which is awesome for 360 degree views of the forest and also gives the tour the appeal of adventure. Visiting the forest in a jeep and doing a hike to the top of a mountain in the same forest, gives you the ideal dimension of the national park`s size , as well as its true beauty.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and Drop off
- Tour in a Convertible 4x4 jeep
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks are not provided in this tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pedra Bonita, Estrada da Cascatinha Tijuca National Park, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
Pedra Bonita is located in Tijuca Fores national park. The hike to the summit is quite easy for regular hikers or even first timers in good shape. It takes from 30 to 40 minutes and once we reach its summit, we will be able to contemplate the great views of Gavea mountain, São Conrado neighborhood, Barra da Tijuca neighborhood, Tijuca Forest, Pepino beach, and a bit of Rocinha Slum and Corcovado further in the back.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
The Tijuca Forest Tour , is probably one of the top 5 most popular tours in Rio de Janeiro city. The forest is considered to be the largest urban forest in the whole world. It represents 7% of the whole city`s territory, and it is also known as the lungs of Rio. Visiting the city without seeing the forest is like going to New York city and not seeing the central park. Rio is all about nature, wild places and beautiful views. All of these 3 things can be seen and enjoyed in Tijuca Forest.
Our tour will take you across this beautiful green world , while birds, small mammals and exotic plants can be seen along the way. Common species are the Saguis and Capuchin monkeys, as well as the quatis ( brazilian raccoon), can be easily spotted there. In terms of birds, toucans, canarians, buzzards, hawks, and many other species may be seen along the way. Different routes combining the Forest with visits to Sugar Loaf, Corcovado and Beaches of the west coast can also be taken, just check our combo section. Tour includes visits to Taunay`s Falls ( just for pictures, no showering), Vista Chinesa (Chinese View) and Visitor Center.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups happen between 8:00am and 8:45 am and during summer, at 7:00am and 7:45 am, according to customer`s location and number of pick ups we have to do.Summer goes from december 15th to march 15th.Airports
- Santos Dumont Airport, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.