Jeep Trip and Judean Desert Safari Experience in Israel from Jerusalem
Judean Desert Safari Experience in Israel
Descend to the Judean Desert via the Inn of the Good Samaritan, and view caves at Qumran. Meet the desert vehicle and drive to Metsuke Dragot, where we enter the desert with overview of Murabat wadi and the caves. Thereafter drive through the Wadi, the mountains, and view spectacular typical desert vegetation and landscape. End the tour with a swim in the Dead Sea. Late lunch stop for snacks/sandwiches on Dead Sea shore.
• Judean Desert and the Dead Sea Day Tour
• Judean Desert by 4X4 Jeep.
• View the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found
• Hotel pick up and drop-off
• Includes all entrance fees
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Includes all entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Dead Sea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Judaean Desert
We drive south of Jerusalem descending through the Biblical wilderness.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: The Good Samaritan Museum, Road 1, between Jerusalem and Jericho, Jericho Palestinian Territories
On the way we pass the Inn of the Good Samaritan, site of the Biblical parable.
Stop At: Sea Level 0, Ras Salem, Jerusalem 9710700 Israel
We continue our descent passing the point indicating that we are now descending beneath "sea level".
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Jericho, Jericho, West Bank
From here we can see the Biblical city of Jericho in the distance. Jericho is one of the oldest continually inhabited cities in the world and most known it as the city conquered by Joshua, when his troops circled the city walls causing them to fall.
Pass By: Qumran Caves, Wadi Qumran Palestinian Territories
We pass Qumran, a site famed for the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls. The 2,000 year old parchments bearing the Old Testament were discovered in caves near Qumran.
At this point we transfer to a 4X4 jeep which is suitable to the rough desert terrain. We take an exciting ride through the desert up steep inclines, down ravines and over sand and rock.
Pass By: Metzoke Dragot, Metzoke Dragot, Dead Sea Region
With our adrenaline pumping we reach the Cliffs of Dragot where we can look down on the Dragot River. This river only flows where there are winter flash floods.
Pass By: Wadi Murabbaat - Dragot Valley, Israel
We also see the Murbaat Caves with their fascinating square entrances. The Murbaat Caves were explored in the 50s and artifacts from the Chalcolithic era and Bronze era were found. Also discovered in the caves were documents dating back to the 2nd century. One of the texts was penned by the revered Rabbi Shimon Bar Kochba who led the revolt. One of the most important discoveries was a set of tefilin (phylactery). This confirmed that the Jewish traditional tefilin prayer ritual dates back thousands of years.
Stop At: Dead Sea, Israel
We end our adventure by washing away the dust of the desert and cooling off in the Dead Sea. We change into our bathing suits and float in the mineral rich water which is 35% salt. We can also use nature's natural face mask, the Dead Sea black mud, and lather it on our faces and bodies to benefit from the mud's therapeutic qualities.
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :1: Jerusalem, Israel
2: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
3: Herzliya, Israel
4: Netanya, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
• Pickup from Jerusalem: 08:30
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum starting age for the tour is 4 years old.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.