Jenolan Caves: Ribbon Cave Tour
Set in the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, Jenolan is Australia's most spectacular cave system, the largest cave system in Australia (that is open to the public) and is 340 million years old - ranking it amongst the oldest caves on Earth. Delicate and not often shown, Jenolan's Ribbon Cave is a narrow gallery of unusual features that you see up close.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Full guided tour and commentary for 1.5 hours.
What's excluded :
- Jenolan has a large cafe, where you can purchase light lunch, drinks and snacks. There is also a large restaurant, which is open every evening. A range of accommodation is available.
- Due to the delicate environment of this cave, the Ribbon Cave tour takes groups of only 8 people (no young children) and runs infrequently.
Visitors enter the Ribbon Cave via the beautiful Orient Cave. This provides a very brief opportunity to glimpse the Orient's legendary formations.
Then, visitors enter the delicate Ribbon Cave, which is only 60 metres long. This cave is a unique experience. It is filed with exquisite formations. Also, its historic features let you ‘step back in time’, providing a completely different atmosphere to the Orient Cave.
Its low, narrow passages let you closely examine amazing formations, including ‘helictites’, 'ribbon helictites', crystal straws, spar crystal, ‘rim pools’ and the exquisite beauty of the ‘lily pads’.
Departure Point :4655 Jenolan Caves Rd, Jenolan NSW 2790, Australia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are 394 stair steps on this tour. This tour can be enjoyed by people of all ages and of average fitness. However, it is not suitable for anyone with health or mobility problems.
- Photography is welcomed, but tripods, monopods and selfie sticks are not allowed.
- Aim to arrive at Jenolan at least 30 minutes before your tour, to find parking and to use the restrooms.
- Young children are not allowed on this tour. The minimum age is 6.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.