Jerusalem of Gold and Stones: a city of three religions and 4000 years
A comprehensive walking tour of the Old City of Jerusalem, including all stops of the Via Dolorosa and the Holy Sepulcher, the Jewish quarter including a visit in the Hurva Synagogue and the Cardo, the Western Wall and one of the most beautiful observing points on the Temple Mount Mosques, El Aqsa and Dome of the Rock.
Optional addition of a visit in the Temple Mount (except on Friday and Saturday).
Optional addition of the Mt. of Olives, including an observation of the Temple Mount and the Jewish cemetery, Gethsemane and Mary's tomb.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- We start at the Western Wall near the Dung gate, if the Temple Mount is open we enter through the Mugrabi bridge and hear a historical review of the meaning of the place to Muslims and Jews, a look of the magnificent architecture. Then we leave through the north gate leading to the beginning of the Via Dolorosa. Sea the Antonia fortress where Jesus was trialed by Pilate (1st stop) and convicted (2nd stop). Follow the stops of the Cross to the Holy Sepulcher, where Jesus was crucified and put into the grave, hear the history of the place from its discovery by queen St. Helena till the present. We may have lunch at a nearby middle eastern restaurant, before we continue, through the bazzar, to the Jewish quarter. We visit the Roman Cardo, the ancient street which was discovered during the restoration of the Jewish quarter, the Hurva (ruin) old-renewed synagogue, observe the Temple mount and the mosques, and finally reach the Western wall, where we see the stones laid by king Herod and hear the 2000 year history of the most sacred place for the Jews.
Departure Point :Al-Wad Street 182, Jerusalem
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Multi-lingual guide, fluent in English and German
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.