Jet Boat Adventure and Raptor Expedition - Skagway Departure
Start your tour with a beautiful glacial fjord ferry ride to the town of Haines, known as Alaska's adventure capital. Enjoy a scenic drive to the Jet Boat Facility where they have all the amenities for your comfort. Next, your friendly local guide/naturalist & Captain will assist you with your jet boat journey through a portion of the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve on a powerful, quiet & uncovered boat for the best views of wildlife, scenery, & photo opportunities. Moose are often the highlight of the tour along with bald eagles & their massive nests dotting the river banks. If you encounter a moose, bear or any other wildlife, make sure you notify your captain to get your Alaska photo of a lifetime! Leave with a meal and head back towards Haines to view live raptors and shop for some memorabilia from the gift shop at the American Bald Eagle Foundation. Enjoy your ferry ride back to Skagway with a new appreciation of Alaska's Wilderness and those who call it home.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Port pickup
- Jet Boat Tour with your own private local naturalist/guide and a stop by the Bald Eagle Foundation
- Transportation provided
- 1.5 hour scenic jet boat tour & 15 min. Bald Eagle Foundation visit
- Outerwear provided in case of inclement weather
- Lunch - Box lunch is provided for bus ride back to town, consisting of a chicken caesar wrap, chips, cookies and bottled water.
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
Explore miles of tributaries on the stunning, glacially-carved Chilkat River system. A local professional guide/naturalist ensures your comfort every step of the way and provides entertaining, informative narration about living in Haines and why they love it. After your river tour, enjoy the scenery on your way back to Haines. We will make a stop at the American Bald Eagle Foundation and enjoy the live raptors and wonderful little gift shop. This Skagway shore excursion is ideal for nature and animal lovers and adventurers.
• Haines Highway, Alaska
• Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve, Miles 8 Thru 31 Haines Highway, Haines, AK
• Chilkat River Adventures, 842 Main St., Haines, AK 99827-0556
• American Bald Eagle Foundation, 113 Haines Highway, Haines, AK 99827
Departure Point :Haines Skagway Fast Ferry, 8888 Congress Way, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
If the pick up location is one of the piers in the port, we will meet guests at the end of the pier and escort them to the ferry where they will board for their 45 minute ferry ride to Haines port.Airports
- Skagway Municipal Airport, Alaska St, Skagway, AK 99840
- Port Of Skagway, Port of, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must reconfirm with supplier for exact departure time as it changes daily. Failure to reconfirm may result in tour cancellation.
- Please dress in warm layers and comfortable shoes
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian and gluten free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- If you are traveling on a cruise ship, there may be other requirements by the cruise line for the guests. Also, some of the above guidelines may be relaxed by the operator by the beginning of the 2021 season, depending on the CDC guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.