Jewels Of Lapland: Visit to Amethyst Mine in Luosto
Join one of the most attractive daily tours of Finnish Lapland! After pickup and well-dressed the guides drive you to Luosto where you will have the pleasure to see and visit Europe’s only active amethyst mine and dig your own amethyst! The captivating place with its superb view of the surrounding nature is an attraction for numerous visitors every ear! And as the beautiful forest will be changed into a national park the area’s attractiveness increases. After arrival, you will travel to Lampivaara amethyst mine with special “snow train” Pendolino only works after December, October November the Hill will be made by car.
The mine is a national treasure and mining is all done in an environmentally friendly way, without any big machines. During the tour you will hear about the geology and history of the area, in addition to the properties of the gems and the uses of amethyst. Dig your own gemstone of Lapland, a purple amethyst, and take it home as a memento of your trip.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Winter Clothes
- Pickup and Drop-off
- Entrance Fees
- Pendolino Ride
- Warm Beverage
- Entry/Admission - Amethyst Mine Lapland
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amethyst Mine Lapland, Ukko-Luostontie, Luosto 99555 Finland
Amethyst mine on top of Lampivaara hill is located in the immediate vicinity of the Luosto recreation centre, in the middle of Lapland’s beautiful landscape.
The mine at the top of the hill introduces you to the fascinating world of gemstones.You will hear stories told for millennia, and get to dig for your own lucky amethyst, that has waited 2000 million years to be found.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickups start 30 minutes before departure!
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.