Jewish Culture Walking Tour in Vienna
Join us on a search for traces: from Jewish culture and exclusion to the Shoa, the murder of six million Jews during the Second World War. A part of this tour is dedicated to the period around 1900, when Jewish citizens played a decisive role making Vienna a world city of culture and science. Experience the moving history of the Jews in Vienna with us.
per adult from
What's included :
- Sensitive and well educated tour guides.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Universitat Wien, Universitaetsring 1 1010 Vienna, Vienna 1010 Austria
The Jews are a people of the books. Education has always been very important to them. Lots of Jewish people went to University in Vienna, but also were permanently discriminated. Nevertheless, Jewis people were responsible for plenty of new developments in science, e.g. Karl Landsteiner discovered the blood groups (Nobel prize 1930) and Sigmund Freud invented psychoanalysis.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Judenplatz Holocaust Memorial, Judenplatz 8, Vienna 1010 Austria
We speak about four Jewish communities in Vienna. We follow the route from the first community in the Middle Ages at Judenplatz to the Synagoge.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Seitenstettengasse, 1010 Wien, Austria
Along Judengasse we stop at the synagoge, the only one that was not burnt down during the November Pogrom in 1938.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Burgtheater, Universitätsring 2, 1010 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :5:15 PM
Return Detail :Synagoge, Seitenstettengasse 4, 1010 Wien, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.