Jewish Ghetto and Cannareggio: Private Tour Of Venice
Discover the hidden gems of Venice: Cannareggio and the Jewish Ghetto!
Accompanied by an expert guide, explore the off-beaten track and learn the hidden history of the Cannareggio sestriere and of the Jewish Ghetto. Allow your guide to share everything about lifestyle, architecture, rich traditions, churches, synagogues, bridges as well as palaces as you walk through the Cannareggio, so named after the Regio canal that crosses the borough, into the Jewish Ghetto.
Experience a Murano Blowing glass demo held true venetian master in a Blowing Glass Factory.
The Schola Grande Tedesca Great Synagogue along with the Museum is a location you could visit after the tour. A fascinating fact, Venice's Cannareggio sestriere Jewish Ghetto was the first in the world and it was founded in the 29th March 1516 on the small island.
See the less known but deeply fascinating side of Venice by touring the Cannaregio and Jewish Ghetto!
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 hours private guide
- Professional and local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cannaregio, Venice Italy
Your tour starts directly in Cannaregio where you will meet your guide for your 2 hours walking private tour.
Your guide is an expert and knows Venice in all its alleys. Walking through Cannaregio and the little alleys of the Jewish Ghetto, you will discover a different Venice, a Venice that is not recounted in the classical tour.
Cannaregio is one of the most populated sestrieri of Venice. Its name maybe comes from the name of a Canal that cross the borough. The name of the Canal is Regio and from here the name of the sestriere. During your walk you will be able to admire palaces, bridges, churches.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Campo del Ghetto, 30121 Venice Italy
In this sestriere, there is the Jewish Ghetto. Here we can still admire synagogues and you can also decide to visit the Great Synagogue after the tour. You can also decide to visit the Museum on your own. Your guide will give you an overview of the Jewish culture and traditions. She will explain the architecture and history of the sestriere of Cannareggio.
Your tour includes a Murano Blowing glass demo held true venetian master in a Blowing Glass Factory.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Ponte delle Guglie, 30121 Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note: the tour doesn't include the visit of Synagogue. It is an outdoor tour.
- The tour ends in Rialto Borough
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note: if you need the wheelchair, you may not be able to access all the areas of the attractions, due to architectural restrictions
- Please note: in some areas of the attractions the stroller may be carried by yourself in your arms, due to architectural restrictions
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note: Your tour includes a Murano Blowing glass demo held true venetian master in a Blowing Glass Factory.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Rome Private Guides is glad to inform you that all our “Small group tours” and “Private Tours” comply with the protocols and guidelines suitable to guarantee the performance of our service in safe conditions to prevent Covid-19. The safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.