Jewish Ghetto and Trastevere Experience
The Jewish faith is deeply ingrained into Rome’s sprawling history, meaning this Jewish Ghetto tour is essential if you want to fully understand Rome. The tour will begin in Piazza Venezia, where your guide will delve into the history of one of Rome’s most famous Piazzas. We then will head to Piazza del Campidoglio, the Theatre of Marcello and the Jewish Ghetto, home of the renowned Jewish Synagogue. From Ancient Rome, through the medieval age, up to the 20th century the Jewish Ghetto has an incredible amount of history. Allow your guide to delve into the mysteries and tragic tales that are engrained into this beautiful part of Rome. We will then cross the oldest bridge in Rome, incredibly still standing since 62 BC, into Trastevere. Here we will walk the small streets of Trastevere, a picturesque and lively neighbourhood with the look and feel of a traditional small Italian town. Not only will we walk the small streets of Rome, we will also visit one of the oldest churches in Rome.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided Tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Venezia / Ancient City, Piazza Venezia / Ancient City, Rome, Lazio
We will begin in one of Rome's most famous Piazzas - Piazza Venezia.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome Italy
One of Rome's most beautiful squares, designed in the sixteenth century by Michelangelo and laid out between two summits of the Capitoline Hill, the city hall is located here.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Ghetto Ebraico, Piazza delle Cinque Scole, 00186 Rome Italy
From Ancient Rome, through the medieval age, up to the 20th century where it was a virtual prison for the Jewish community in Rome during the war, the Jewish Ghetto has an incredible amount of history
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
A picturesque and lively neighbourhood with the look and feel of a traditional small Italian town.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Equestrian Statue of Marcus Aurelius, Piazza del Campidoglio, 1, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :Piazza Trilussa, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.