Jewish Heritage Tour Of Cochin
Discover India’s Jewish Heritage in Kochi, home to the country’s longest-established Jewish communities.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Jewish heritage Tour can take you on to visit Jewish sites in the old settlement as well as the sites in Cochin itself. This one day tour to the city of Cochin will include a visit to some of the historical synagogues, cemeteries, Jewish buildings, and other well-known sites. The tour commences around 9.00 am with a visit to Kodungallur, which is 1.5 hours away from Cochin. The place was originally a trading port for the Jewish community. Be a witness to the most wonderful creation of Kerala’s architecture by a visit to Chennamangalam synagogue, that has encompassed all the tradition in its entirety. A synagogue of the Malabar Jews, it has lived up to meet the requirements of Jewish rituals which is reflected in the architectural style. We will also visit another synagogue at Parur which has been restored after a considerable damage.
After having a sumptuous lunch, we will move to Fort Cochin. There, we will visit the famous ‘Jew Town.’ As the name suggests, Jews were given land by the Cochin Raja to build homes and run trades. Get on your feet and explore the Jewish community by walking down the narrow streets and marvel at the exotic sights. You can also visit the Jewish cemetery and the Paradesi synagogue, noted for its hand painted tiles and quaint old chandeliers.
Moreover, this tour can be customised according to your needs and therefore other sites such as the Mattancherry Palace (Dutch Palace) and St. Francis Church can be covered if time permits.
Departure Point :Cochin Port, Willingdon Island, Kochi, Kerala 682003, India
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Cochin port
- cochin port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.