Jewish life of Budapest in 2020: private tour with traditional lunch
You will visit a Synagogue you would not find on your own. This temple has stayed hidden even from the locals.
On top you will also get an insight into the everyday life of this Synagogue: members of the community will share stories and memories from their lives-back and now.
An average meal would not suit this tour, therefore we will take you to a Hungarian home, where you can enjoy a Hungarian meal in the company of your friendly hosts.
Jewish flavours are part of the culinary experience!
You don't have to be satisfied with the usual, classic city tours. Join us to see and experience more!
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- 3-course dinner/ lunch
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - My Personal Budapest
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees: Donation for the upkeep of the synagogue: recommended amount is eur 4 or 5/person.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shoes on the Danube Bank, Id. Antall Jozsef Rkp, Budapest 1054 Hungary
You will visit the probably most memorable and unique Holocaust monument of Hungary.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hegedűs Gyula Street, Budapest, Hegedűs Gyula u., Hungary
An amazing and totally hidden Synagogue. This is a guided visit of the temple: a member of the local community will guide you through the Synagogue.
At the end of the visit you will be able to talk to community members and hear about the everyday life of the congregation.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jewish Ghetto Wall Fragment, Budapest, Király u. 15, 1075 Hungary
You will be able to stand in front of the short surviving fragment of the wall that used to divide Budapest during WW2 into two parts: the jewish and non-jewish. Historical place.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Dohány Street Synagogue, Budapest, Dohány u. 2, 1074 Hungary
You will see this Synagogue and its garden from the outside
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: My Personal Budapest, Nap utca 28, Budapest 1185 Hungary
You will enjoy a Hungarian meal with locals in their home!
Some jewish flavours will be part of the meal.
This tour is a great opportiunity for you to experience the local life , and taste the local flavours.
Your tour starts with meeting your guide at your hotel.
Upon arrival you will be greeted with traditional Hungarian pálinka! (not compulsory to try, just recommended:))
The lunch includes a starter, soup, main course and dessert. Drinks, Hungarian wine and pálinka are also part of the meal.
Our soups: Hungarian goulash soup, Hungarian bean soup with smoked ham, Potato soup with cream and smoked ham, Chicken soup, Ragout soup flavoured with tarragon, Hungarian fish soup, Hungarian bean-goulash soup, Mushroom soup, Green pea soup
Our main courses: Hungarian stuffed cabbage/Hungarian chicken Paprikas/Hungarian goulash stew/Pork medaillons Hungarian style served with "lecso" (onion, tomato, paprika ), Lecsó/ Hungarian sirloin steak with fried onions / Hungarian vadas/
Desserts: pancakes/cottage cheese dumplings/somlói sponge cake/creamy pastry/Hungarian strudel/Zserbó/chestnut cake/Apple pie/Hungarian seasonal cakes
( Please inform us on time, so we can prepare vegetarian dishes and special meals if needed.)
After the hearty meal you will be driven back to your hotel.
1. Appetizer sandwiches, Hungarian appetizers
3. Main course
4. Hungarian desserts
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Anywhere in the center
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.