Jewish quarter Shabbat dinner in Jerusalem for private groups
Share the deepest secrets of Jewish texts over delicious, traditional cuisine at this once-in-a-lifetime, authentic Shabbat dinner experience in the beautiful ancient city of Jerusalem.
• Enjoy a traditional, Kosher Shabbat dinner
• A traditional aperitif and wine are included
• Takes place in a home in the Jewish quarter of Jerusalem
• Communal dining for 4 to 15 people
• Ariella is an author and a student of mysticism who teaches guided meditation and self-mastery
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Drinks and beverages
- Dine in your local host’s home
- Experience first hand local culture and cuisine
What's excluded :
- Share the deepest secrets of Jewish texts over delicious, traditional cuisine at this once-in-a-lifetime, authentic Shabbat dinner experience in the beautiful ancient city of Jerusalem.
Ariella loves sharing the warmth of her home, the comfort of good food, the mystical secrets and history of her city, and the joy of new friendships. She has lived in the Jewish Quarter for 13 years and would love to share its history and food traditions with travelers.
This experience has been hand-selected by Eatwith, the world’s largest community for authentic culinary experiences. Eatwith experiences are top-rated on TripAdvisor and are loved by thousands of travelers from around the world!
• A traditional sweet red wine to start the meal - Oak aged wine with a cooked ripeness and a touch of cinnamon and cloves on the nose
• Traditional Shabbat bread - Warm, freshly baked, egg-rich,yeast-leavened and braided bread
• Gefilte fish served with horseradish chrain - A poached mixture of ground carp and whitefish accompanied with a sharp horseradish and beet condiment
• Assorted fresh salads - The list changes weekly but usually includes eggplant salad, beet salad, cabbage salad, and white and sweet potato salads
• Chiken and matza ball soup with fresh dill - Carrots, onion and gourd stewed to perfection in a golden chicken broth. Seasoned with garlic and dill and served with light matza meal dumplings.
• Roasted chicken and root vegetables - Seasoned oven roasted whole chicken and crispy root vegetables
• Leafy green salad and vinaigrette - Fresh romaine lettuce with chopped red bell pepper, cucumber, crouton and home made olive oil and lemon vinaigrette
• Fluffy basmati rice - Long grain Indian rice with a light nutty flavor and floral aroma seasoned with garlic, parsley and lightly toasted almonds
• We'll surprise you
Departure Point :Shonei Halakhot Street, Shonei Halakhot St, Jerusalem
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests need to communicate if they have any food restrictions (allergy, special diet, etc.)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- To ensure the safety of our community, we’ve created health and safety guidelines and resources for our hosts based on the World Health Organization's recommendations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.