Jewish Saint-Petersburg tour
In the end of 19th and the beginning of 20th centuries St. Petersburg not only became the center of Jewish life in Russia but obtained an international significance as well. Our city is famous worldwide for its inimitable historical, architecture monuments and cultural heritage, which is inseparably connected with the achievements of Jewish people. During our Jewish tour of St. Petersburg you will know a lot about the interlacement of both cultures and influence of great Jewish personalities on the life of the city and the whole country.
If you arrive by a cruise ship, see the Options for cruise passengers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide service for 5 hours
- Comfortable vehicle with A/C and driver service for 5 hours
- Fuel surcharge
- Pickup and drop-off
- Port transport fees - in the tour Option "For e-visa cruise passengers"
- Port transport fees and blanket visa - in the tour Option "For visa-free cruise passengers"
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Choral Synagogue, Lermonovskiy Prospekt 2, St. Petersburg 190121 Russia
The program of the tour includes the Theater Square, which is closely associated with the honored Jewish composer and pianist Anton Rubinstein. He established the Conservatoire where many worldwide esteemed musicians were educated, including violinist David Oistrakh and violoncellist Mstislav Rastropovich.
You will see the district Kolomna – the center of Jewish life in the 19th century, and visit the Grand Choral Synagogue created in the Moorish style. Thanks to generous 5 million dollar donation by Lily and Edmond Safra in 1999 the Synagoge building was reconstructed and in 2005 opened in its renewed appearance.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Nevsky Prospekt, Nevsky Avenue, St. Petersburg 191025 Russia
You will drive along the Nevsky Prospect and see an unusual Wawelberg house, constructed for one of the most prosperous bankers and philanthropists in St. Petersburg. And then admire the luxurious mansion houses on the English Embankment built for such Jewish financiers as Ginsberg and Polyakov.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Russian Academy of Fine Arts Museum, Universitetskaya Naberezhnaya 17, St. Petersburg 199034 Russia
Afterwords you will ride to the Vasilievsky Island and stop by the Academy of Fine Arts – the significant educational institution which gave the world a pleiad of great Russian-Jewish painters such as Isaac Levitan and Marc Chagall.
You will also visit the Yesod Center which is situated in the House of St. Petersburg Jewish Community, and discover a lot about its activities in St. Petersburg.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide and a driver on a vehicle will meet you in the hotel, cruise port (see the Options "For e-visa cruise passengers" and "For visa-free passengers"), airport or any agreed place. And after the tour you will be taken to your place of destination in St. Petersburg boundaries.Airports
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
- St Petersburg Port Passenger Terminal, р. Большая Нева,, Санкт-Петербург, Russia, 199034
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Any other language and bigger group size are available upon request.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- If you travel by cruise ship and don't have visa, we will make tour tickets (blanket visa) for you to go ashore. Please, see the tour Option "For visa-free cruise passengers".
- Most travelers can participate
- If you make e-visa, please, double-check that all data is entered correctly.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please, inform us, if you have any specific requirements. And we will do our best to fulfill them.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.