Jewish Tour Lisbon
I am a licences guide, a sociologist (MA) with a certificate of Jewish Heritage guiding in Portugal issued by the Lusanova University of Lisbon. I have been studying Jewish history in Portugal for years and I already had visitors from around the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Sinagoga Shaare Tikva
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sinagoga Shaare Tikva, Rua Alexandre Herculano 59, Lisbon 1250-010 Portugal
I will introduce you to the fascinating history of Jewish life in the Iberian peninsula that dates back to the Fenicians, Roman times and later on the appearance of the Portuguese Kingdom. While walking through the oldest parts of Lisbon and understanding where it's Jewish Quarters were located I will talk about what happened in the end if the XV century after the infamous edict of expulsion and it's consequences. Later on the subject will be the Inquisition in Portugal, the cryptojudaism and the return in the XIX century. The diaspora and different communities like Porto and Belmonte would not be missed
For these who read the book "The last cabalist of Lisbon" - let's see where Berecias Zarco's house might have been located. The tour includes a visit to the Lisbon Synagogue, where we can also find out more about these period of the WWII and the great help for refugees Portugal gave at that time.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Alfama, Lisbon Portugal
This is the oldest part of the city where the Judiaria was located
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Praça do Comércio, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Praça da Figueira, 1100-241 Lisboa, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.